grim22

Weekend #s. MJ2 51.6/75.7M, TGD 39.2/55.6M lowest Pixar opening since Bugs Life, Creed 30/42M biggest OW for a boxing movie

Pixar movie in June, WDAS movie in November. I think people are conditioned to expect that now, and it has worked out really well for both companies, especially for Pixar.

Pixar movie in November, and WDAS movies in March (Zootopia, Gigantic) is a little weird to me.

Edited by Mojoguy

18 minutes ago, Chinoiserie said:

I wonder how much Pixar benefits from releasing its movies during summer, I would like WDAS relase a film in summer for a comparison.

It used to happen. WDAS had an annual summer release from 1994 (The Lion King) to 2002 (Lilo & Stitch).

2 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Creed/Mockingjay 1+2 punch is stealing the usual adult crossover crowd for Pixar films. Then again, Jurassic World made more than both combined so who knows

Speaking of JW, I took my little nephews to see TGD because my sister wasn't going to and said "I'm sick of dinosaurs everywhere, they're supposed to be extinct." :lol: Thought that was probably just her, but maybe JW did burn everyone out on dinos for awhile? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Speaking of JW, I took my little nephews to see TGD because my sister wasn't going to and said "I'm sick of dinosaurs everywhere, they're supposed to be extinct." :lol: Thought that was probably just her, but maybe JW did burn everyone out on dinos for awhile? 

The next Expendables movie hopes that's not the case.

• Like 7

To whomever before said that kingsman was among their least favorite movies of this year.....I think your CRAZY! 

kingsman is still by far my favorite movie of the year ( and I've seen a lot).

My worst of the year is

1. American Sniper(wide release)

2. Jupiter Ascending

3. Tomorrowland

Edited by Box Office Freak
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Box Office Freak said:

To whomever before said that kingsman was among their least favorite movies of this year.....I think your CRAZY! 

My worst of the year is

2. Jupiter Ascending

3. Tomorrowland

While as you can tell I really enjoyed Kingsman I can understand why some people don't. 

Top 5 of 2015

1. Kingsman: The Secret Service

2. Mad Max: Fury Road

3. Ant-Man

4. Mockingjay: Part 2

5.  Avengers: Age of Ultron 

Bottom 5 of 2015

1. Mortdecai

2. The Gallows

3. Fantastic Four

4. Unfinished Business

5. The Wedding Ringer

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 1

Victor Frankenstein is doing dreadful numbers at my theatre. While the people who actually see it are really enjoying it, that's not a lot of people. Equivalent of $1.4M on Friday and $1.3M today. Will likely only do 1M tomorrow for a $3.7M OW (but I'll have those numbers tomorrow)

Creed did $4.1M Wednesday and $4.2M Thursday and $6.8M Friday and I think around 9M today but I'm not sure. Not a blockbuster but it's doing fine. Good Dinosaur did $7.4M Friday and $15.4M today. Spectre is slowing down, and MockingJay is still our strongest performer for the evening shows. Around $17M today.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Box Office Freak said:

Do you run in organization with the sole purpose of killing puppies?

5 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

No way is Pixar givng up that prime June release date. Disney wouldn't want them too either, since it works so well.

Better to dump the next WDAS movie in March. Zootopia already feels like an afterthought next to Moana.

Zootopia is going to be a big hit. The reaction to several scenes went down a storm at D23. 

I think Creed wont have the strongest word of mouth of the three new releases this weekend. VF is done with a C Cinemascore and a dropping rotten tomatoes audience % - currently at 50%.

TGD won't have good legs either depending on any upcoming kid friendly competition.

Edited by Harley

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Do you run in organization with the sole purpose of killing puppies?

Ummm no :blink:

BTW my complete top 5 for the worst would be

1. American sniper

2. Jupiter ascending

3. Tomorrowland

4. Fantastic four

5. Insurgent

BEST

1. Kinsman

2. It follows

3. The peanuts movie

4. The Martian

5. San Andreas (disaster films are my guilty pleasure)

Edited by Box Office Freak

7 hours ago, Box Office Freak said:

My worst of the year is

2. Jupiter Ascending

3. Tomorrowland

Both American Sniper and Tomorrowland are better than Kingsman.