#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

Well, anything over Potter is huge.  And keep in mind, Potter's midnight is already huge.  That didn't just eclipse the record, it fucking destroyed it.  

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Have we lost all perspective here when 50 is just decent?  LOL, do you have any idea how big this number is?

CJOHN says these are the numbers we are looking for.

Lol

So as of now opening day can range from 98 million to 120 million.

Edited by Lordmandeep

4 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Anything over $50 million is crazy huge.

Basically sold out everywhere. It'll be much the same from 7pm onwards on Friday. If that matinee business is big (like it obviously will be on Saturday) I can see $110-120 OD.

No.

Anything over $40 million in crazy huge. $50 million+? That's astonishing. It doesnt matter that 99% of all people were predicting that number.

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Have we lost all perspective here when 50 is just decent?  LOL, do you have any idea how big this number is?

Agreed.

This was what said some weeks ago.

Some people will call one of the biggest openings in history just "alright" if it doesn't hit absolutely ridiculous numbers.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, vc2002 said:

Is SW7 going to make the studios think "Oh ok, so we dont have to jam our movie in the summer to get a massive OW. We should really use December more in the future." Or they'll just go like "That doesnt mean anything. SW7 is gonna break the record no matter what month that is."

BvS coming in March is already the biggest signal that studios are being less rigid about release dates for blockbusters. And about time too.

It's 4:35AM and I'm not tired.  That's what Star Wars does to you.  Now to get an hour or two nap before catch my flight and second viewing in Fort Lauderdale.  

Electric atmosphere.  And yeah IMAX laser did not disappoint.  Slight cheers for BvS and Civil War.  Not much for Warcraft and ID Resurgance.

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

All morning news shows are doing star wars themed shows or reports.

Biggest mainstream media event for box office news in recent times.

Presales at 139 million according to cbc news at release for Sw7. 

dear lord this is a f*cking huge event in the US

im not saying that people don't care about SW here, but it's just another blockbuster for us

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JohnnY said:

dear lord this is a f*cking huge event in the US

im not saying that people don't care about SW here, but it's just another blockbuster for us

Star wars is most popular franchise ever in north America. 

Now don't get me wrong previews are epic. ..

This is a wacky theory but previews would have been much higher if this was summer so I think this will be more back loaded then people think.

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 2