#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

1 minute ago, Asyulus said:

Ouch for that Saturday number, I was expecting like 100+.

Could be a great weekend thread if not for that Sat number.

I hope you're not serious. Without previews Friday number is 63m, so this Saturday number is actually an uptick. 

• Like 4

Final Saturday yally

Sold Out: 27

Showings: 86

Two less sellouts than Friday, but the theaters were also double and tripling down on optimal time slots today. Performance was on par if not better than Friday with 5 extra showings.

• Like 2

Just now, Asyulus said:

Ouch for that Saturday number, I was expecting like 100+.

Could be a great weekend thread if not for that Sat number.

um...how would it hit 100+ on a saturday. just us talking about 70 was mindblowing. an extra 30 on top is ridiculous.

with 68, it puts the weekend at 188 million, as in it only needs 20 million tomorrow to break the record.

• Like 1

not checking reserve seating there is already 14 sellouts for tomorrow in San Diego.  Holy crap theaters are doing 9:00 AM showing near my home town. I never seen and some are even doing 7:00 AM showings. :what:

Edited by Darth Dexter of Hoth
  • Like 6

Just now, smerfy01 said:

um...how would it hit 100+ on a saturday. just us talking about 70 was mindblowing. an extra 30 on top is ridiculous.

with 68, it puts the weekend at 188 million, as in it only needs 20 million tomorrow to break the record.

If it makes to 70m the record is probably broken from the pre-ordered tickets alone, isn't it? 

• Like 2

Saw Sisters tonight. Fine but not great or anything. Some laughs and charm, but the entire time I couldn't get over this one teeny tiny thought in my head,

WHY AM I NOT IN THEATRE 5 WATCHING STAR WARS?!?!?

• Like 2

Just now, iJackSparrow said:

If it makes to 70m the record is probably broken from the pre-ordered tickets alone, isn't it? 

doubtful. most of the presales were for thurs, fri, sat and for christmas apparently.

i'll check on sunday, but probably a 20-25% drop from today should be expected, so I'd expect 45m minimum. that'd put her at a solid 233 million floor. 

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Saw Sisters tonight. Fine but not great or anything. Some laughs and charm, but the entire time I couldn't get over this one teeny tiny thought in my head,

WHY AM I NOT IN THEATRE 5 WATCHING STAR WARS?!?!?

WHY ARE YOU NOT IN THEATER 5 WATCHING STAR WARS?!?!?

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

If it makes 70m the record is broken from those that accidentally wander into the wrong theater.

Quite honesty... the record was broken with the 120m Friday.

However... this forum...

Banana_mmm.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Moviefanatic said:

Man if this could pull an Avatar or TDK Sunday hold......... 

Sub 10% just seems impossible to me with it being the last weekend day to Christmas shop, etc.  Its goal should be JW and TA 18% Sun drop.

Edited by FTF
  • Like 1

Just now, smerfy01 said:

doubtful. most of the presales were for thurs, fri, sat and for christmas apparently.

i'll check on sunday, but probably a 20-25% drop from today should be expected, so I'd expect 45m minimum. that'd put her at a solid 233 million floor. 

I don't know man. What if there are A LOT of people like me that saw it midnight and thursday and then waited to see it again on Sunday? Friday I went out with my friends and almost died because since I was too tired from travelling, working and having 2 hours of sleep because of Star Wars, I've drank to the point that I passed out in my car with all the windows closed. My point is that I think we might have shorter drops from Saturday to Sunday, I feel this is a movie that will get a LOAD of repeated viewings and with all the insane good buzz going around, I feel like the drop could be a lot more smooth than we are expecting. It's Star Wars, so I'm optimistic about that.