#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

The weekday numbers are going to be huge. Im going on monday with someone who hasn't seen it and then tuesday with someone who has. Repeat viewings will be massive.

• Like 8

I am honestly super curious about which movie will do 70M on a Saturday. It feels like the maximum a movie can do is 69M. It is the 3rd time a movie stops at 69M on a Saturday.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CJ Ren said:

I am honestly super curious about which movie will do 70M on a Saturday. It feels like the maximum a movie can do is 69M. It is the 3rd time a movie stops at 69M on a Saturday.  

Wrong Sw7 would done well over 70 if it opened in Rots slot

6 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I really hope it can beat Avatar DOM, that would be a fitting end!:wub:

With a 240 opening I do not see how it can miss Avatar. It would "just" need the JW multiplier (3.1). Even although this is an unknown territory, the WOM looks great and as Baumer has said, the repeat viewing factor will be very high. And it is Christmas... IMO, the question is when SW will reach Avatar.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HeyItsMoses said:

I just realized this, since it's weekend is super inflated cause of the high preview numbers, it's 2nd weekend drop is going to look really, really...bad. 

Which is going to be countered by Christmas/post-Christmas holiday boost. Holiday legs.

Edited by StarSaber
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, peludo said:

With a 240 opening I do not see how it can miss Avatar. It would "just" need the JW multiplier (3.1). Even although this is an unknown territory, the WOM looks great and as Baumer has said, the repeat viewing factor will be very high. And it is Christmas... IMO, the question is when SW will reach Avatar.

Well I hope you're right, it's definitely possible! :)

4 minutes ago, HeyItsMoses said:

I just realized this, since it's weekend is super inflated cause of the high preview numbers, it's 2nd weekend drop is going to look really, really...bad. 

Maybe percentage wise, until you actually look at the numbers and see that it made $120 million over Christmas weekend.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HeyItsMoses said:

Every hater was talking about frontloading of this weekend due to previews, we see that its not...Thursday 57, Friday 63,5, Saturday hopefully 69.9 and sunday probably higher than friday..its just not frontloaded, its great

And dew to winter holidays all over the world, legs will be astonishing, and the movie is received very very positive unlike Ultron. Hope China can give this thing 300mln..but only 3 weeks of normal showings there..probably they can move it a week ahead to get away from KFP3 and finish a month before Chinese holidays and local blockbusters

• Like 2