#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

9 minutes ago, filmscholar said:

Sat Increase minus previews is good.  Any Frontloadedness should be avoided since we all know Christmas and New Year's are the next two weeks so I expect soft weekend drops ala "Avatar".    Anything above 208 in December is beyond a mega success but 230-240 is out of this world.   I predicted 288 and was hoping for 140 OD.  But I feel this movie is on pace to dethone "Jurassic, Titanic and Avatar" Domestically. 

The movie won't play like a "normal" Christmas movie.

Apply old templates at your own risk.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

If this doesnt beat Avatar with thid kind of weekend then I dont know what will. Just finished reading this thread. Was a lot of work. And cant wait for tomorrow, both to see the movie and what OW it had here.

Trimis de pe al meu SM-J100H folosind Tapatalk

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

SW: TFA makes me appreciate JW and AVATAR's runs as well. These three are giants.

The first Avengers is really not far behind if you think about it. About $30M less than JW in NA and $120M less than JW in other markets, which can be contributed wholly to China ($90M vs $230M).

• Like 1

This weekend was fun but the real rollercoaster will be the next 7 days.

I think this will just squeak by with the all-time attendance record, although the theoretical preview + day business record is still intact (would have had to hit $260M+ to clear that)

Edited by cory
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, quigquag33 said:

The first Avengers is really not far behind if you think about it. About $30M less than JW in NA and $120M less than JW in other markets, which can be contributed wholly to China ($90M vs $230M).

Of course. I just mentioned JW because it holds the Sat and Sun records and of course AVATAR for being the biggest film of all time.

• Like 2