#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

1 hour ago, hasanahmad said:

Facts about avatar 

avatar made money because it was supposed to act as the rebirth of 3D in theaters. Avatar was a 3D showcase and made a lot of money becsuse it was made for 3D. Now that nearly everyone avoids 3D , avatar 2 will not even come close to the original because the gimmick is dying . Now when people realize the story is ok and no one cares about blue aliens the sequel will flop in comparison 

Right.

...and Titanic was only liked by teenage girls, Star Wars: The Force Awakens only appeals to nerds, and the last Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer was hated by general audiences.

Internet fanboys and their fantasies. <_< :rolleyes:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Sure. Like Stanton, he'll be financially fine. You just know both those guys didn't expect they'd have to run back to Pixar for safety. 

They fucked up pretty badly on their attempts at an original blockbuster. 

there's that simpsons episode where homer quits his job, and when he comes back at the end they make him crawl back in through a cat flap and put "don't forget; you're here forever" at his work station. I imagine that's what happened to Stanton and Bird at PIXAR when they signed on to do those sequels.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 9

3 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Batman vs superman trailer was crap however the goodwill of such big names will draw people if they spent the movie on a date.

The trailer was very well received on my show. The trailer is fine. It is not like trailers are getting well received nowadays. Civil War got a lot of shit as well. Tbh IDR seems to have the better received trailer.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CJ Ren said:

They fucked up pretty badly on their attempts at an original blockbuster. 

John Carter is a good movie and, budget problems aside, was a good audition for Stanton to show he could do a Star Wars film.

Just now, Dr 3va2an said:

John Carter is a good movie and, budget problems aside, was a good audition for Stanton to show he could do a Star Wars film.

I would kill to have a Star Wars trailer with Kashmir decked over it.

And a Mosaic too.

• Like 1

I didn't see tomorrowland but can I say I'm not a major flag waver for Bird's pixar efforts? Incredibles is fun but nowhere near top grade for them and ratatouille is totally saved by the ending. nothing all that notable from the first 2/3 apart from how good it looks. that main chef dude was such a wet blanket in a not fun to watch way. straight up there with the cars truck as one of my least favourite pixar characters.

MI4 and Iron Giant are rad though.

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

I would kill to have a Star Wars trailer with Kashmir decked over it.

And a Mosaic too.

Kashmir in Star Wars would be perfect for a Bounty Hunter team-up movie. 

Fett's 11, starring Kitschen Sink

2 minutes ago, Dr 3va2an said:

I like John Carter. It is a good movie indeed. It is also the reasons Stanton should not direct a Star Wars movie. 

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Tomorrowland is completely fine. It could have been fantastic with some tweaking, but as it is it's an ocean away from a land called bad. 

Yep I enjoyed.  Good... could have been great.

One of those instances where people didn't feel the movie matched the trailers which influenced how they felt about the movie.