#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

1 minute ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

What out Star Wars. There's some extreme athletes coming to take the crown.

As said earlier, I think also the small releases deserve to get mentioned, they too put a lot of swweat, heart and personal money 7 risk in their projects ....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DarthArachnid!™ said:

You know, due to the prequels, Star Wars had become nearly as infamous as it is famous. To overcome the negativity is simply astounding to me. Avatar was working with a clean slate and it hit the 3D zeitgeist. TFA represents a comeback of epic proportions, restoring SW as the king of all movie franchises. Let's cease any debates over what will be the bigger accomplishment between the two box office behemoths. 

When TFA passes Avatar it will regain the throne the franchise so richly deserves. 

Maybe for Domestic, WW is not happening. 

2 minutes ago, Sagemode87 said:

That's your opinion. JW was an amazing film. Don't get the hate it's receiving. It deserved every last dollar it got. It's possible to like JW, TA,  Avatar, and TFA at the same time.  

JW is a solid C.

Too many characters to juggle, not enough characterization of said characters to make them memorable, too many unneeded plot threads (parent's divorce, torah borah raptors, uninterested baby sitter, creepy sex-crazed brother), poor internal logic (cell phones magically stop working on the most advanced island of all time, characters doing the dumbest thing they could possibly do only to propel the plot forward), the CG was overly-stylized which made it pretty campy in parts and they killed off probably the coolest character (the owner guy) in the lamest way possible.

I'm not saying it's Plan 9 From Outer Space, but I'll tell you that in my view it really didn't deserve the money it got or the records.

Small nitpick: the JP theme in the helicopter shot of the park was very poorly used. it lacked any emotional punch and just felt hollow. especially contrasting that moment with JP's first use of the theme...very poor. 

• Like 1

'Star Wars: The Force Awakens': Fandango Sells 37 Percent of Tickets

Fandango sold more than 37 percent of the $247 million opening-weekend ticket sales of “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” in North America, the company announced Monday.

For ticket sales through Thursday night through Sunday, sales marked the largest share of weekend sales for any movie in Fandango’s 15-year history. Approximately 1 out of 3 U.S. tickets to “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” were purchased through Fandango’s online and mobile channels.

“Star Wars: The Force Awakens” helped break other new records on Fandango, as the company saw its:
·         Biggest sales weekend in company history
·         Top ticket-selling day (Friday)
·         Biggest week of sales ever, more than 92% higher than the previous best-selling week
·         Largest number of mobile tickets sold for any movie
·         Top sales for any movie in the history of Fandango

“Fandango is enjoying a record-breaking year with 70% year-over-year growth in ticket sales,” says

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Dang it out of likes again - Mod's has anyone gotten my messages about not being able to renew my subscription??

34 minutes ago, K1Rey said:

I haven't been aware of it, but if you need help with your account I'd PM WB or Tele about it.

Actually put in a support request in the Help & Support forum.

I'll take a quick look but we might need WB