#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

Unless it's $120m OD or something, it's not a true $100m OD.

Of course, we only have SW loonies on this board, so will shoot me down, but previews are a joke, as they have always been.

The only respite is that none broke any records really to care about. This will be touted as biggest etc, but it's been a joke since TDKR ended midnights exclusivity. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Darth AndyLL said:

We had about the same ( no JB ) but the crowd... after waiting hours... had no patience for them.

Yeah my crowd wasn't riled up or anything but there was so much cheering when the previews ended.

Here was the initial line for all shows past 10 PM (and a lot in line was for the sold out IMAX screening):
1915204_10207961334332801_19140830936009

Here was it leaving at 1:36 AM ET:

12391338_10207962237675384_4041574792948

Pretty much the exact same, have never seen anything like it so totally believe those preview numbers.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 3

Just now, Damien Spock said:

Okay, this is my final update for the Friday showtime and sellouts in the Seattle area.

158 Sellouts

723 Showtimes

MASSIVE uptick in showtimes, as a number of locations that apparently decided not to list things at the last minute. A

I was surprised how few sellouts my theater had.  But when i got there I realized they had a massive amount of showtimes.  I didn't see that when I was checking.  I think they pulled a listing when it got close and added more showtimes.  I think the [close] sellouts might be understated.  Theaters are wising up that people hate searching for the last few seats.

My IMAX show was supposedly sold out the night tickets went on sale but there were 20 or seats open that I could see.

6 minutes ago, Darth AndyLL said:

I was surprised how few sellouts my theater had.  But when i got there I realized they had a massive amount of showtimes.  I didn't see that when I was checking.  I think they pulled a listing when it got close and added more showtimes.  I think the [close] sellouts might be understated.  Theaters are wising up that people hate searching for the last few seats.

My IMAX show was supposedly sold out the night tickets went on sale but there were 20 or seats open that I could see.

Theaters will usually say a show is sold out when it hits 85-90% capacity, at least mine does, I would imagine most would.

Edited by StarSaber
  • Like 1

Can't quote Twitter posts for some reason but the Wrap prediction is on the high side of Deadlines prediction.

Sorry we didn't get a hint from @Rth but I'm guessing he's crazy busy with showtimes throughout the night.  

Bodes well for big numbers.

• Like 1

Trailers:

Deadpool IMAX (laughs and whoops and applause)

Star Trek (good-natured booing, then laughs at the booing, then applause)

Groans at the green preview card, then:

BVS (cheers and applause, and one dude yelled "FUCK YEAH!" Much laughter)

More groans at the green preview card, then:

Warcraft (cheers and applause -- are you starting to sense a trend?)

More groans (and laughter) at the green preview card, then:

Jungle Book (cheers and applause)

A huge round of groans (and laughter) at the last green preview card, then:

Civil War (cheers applause)

Then a huge round of cheering at the Lucasfilm logo, and much intense shushing.

• Like 12

The audience in my theater had a lot of snickering with Gods of Egypt and Warcraft. The only one that got a positive response was Civil War, and it wasn't hugely so.

People sure did fucking lose their shit when the movie started though. Certainly something to be apart of.

• Like 1