AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

There was always going to be some level of backlash. The Force Awakens is one of the most hyped movies since... well... The Phantom Menace. Only time will tell exactly how much of it will stick. 

I'd say I really liked it, not sure if I can say I loved it though just yer, will need repeat viewings. There were moments I loved but overall compared to how I felt at the end of ROTS 10 years ago...this movie just didn't deliver that star wars feeling. 

Anyway my big question.

If Kylo is powerful in the force why the hell doesnt anakins force ghost come and tell him to stop being evil when he is "praying" to vaders helmet

anyway Rey, Finn and Poe are the standouts! Probably my favorite main characters introduced in a blockbuster in forever! 

Edited by darthdevidem01

Just now, Cochofles said:

So basically, the film is a competently crafted remake of ANH, with a much bigger budget for FX & marketing and 30 years of pent up demand...right?

Yes but with infinitely less interesting characters.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

At this point, I'm going to see this anyway regardless.. Besides, I heard enough of it on the radio at 5PM on my way home while they reviewed it in detail.. ;)

Are you happy or even ok with all that we know now? How do you feel about Han's death and Luke's absence from the film?

Ugh, Han's death is completely botched. It's not moving at all - the film spends no time on developing and understanding the relationship between him and his son. Maybe that'll be explored in future films but right here, right now, it's a massive flaw in the film.

Same goes for Luke. Don't introduce an idea if you are not going to do anything with it within the film.

• Like 3

A more detailed reaction, without major spoilers (no story beats)

Spoiler

I thought the beginning was incredible and some scenes were amazingly done. Finn and Rey are also pretty good.

My biggest problem with it definitely was the script: too much bad dialogue; poor and thin character arc (barely non-existent, really); tries to cram too much into one single story, never really letting the characters breathe; and it does so many homages that it feels like a rehash, not its own thing.

Also, the TA comparison made earlier today

Spoiler

was appropriate in my opinion in the sense that characters are cracking jokes every few seconds in the action scenes and it's a very hollow movie (what some would call "fun").

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1