AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

12 minutes ago, Chewy said:

You can admit it, you're sad we won't be getting any more Han/Lando (Hando?) or Han/Luke

I wasn't until you brought it up!   ;)

11 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

My only thing with this is Captain Phasma was pretty much wasted in this movie for as much as all of you went on about Gwendolyn Christie and her casting of this.. She basically, really did nothing

Oh yeah...I totally forgot she was in the movie.   You're right.   They could have at least taken off her mask.

33 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

When Carrie Fischer spoke, it sounded like she's been smoking all her life.. No CGI to clear that up???

I thought Carrie did a great job.  I was wondering how they'd handle her...well, ashy voice...but you know what?  Whatever...let her act.  She did great.  It's been 30 years, just tell yourself Leia smoked.  "Fixing" her voice just, I don't know, seems off.  It worked, she's older, whatever.

Im totally resisting the urge to explain why CGI can't fix sound either, but that's just petty.

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 2

Just now, Chewy said:

Ford was energetic and alive precisely because he knew after this he'd be free. The death scene he's longed for.

When he got the script, Ally McBeal skipped straight to the last 30 pages of the script and saw that Han got stabbed. Harrison then called up his agent and said, "Sign me up"

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Travod said:

Yay don't have to avoid spoilers anymore! Random note, slightly disappointed there was a shot from the trailer missing of Adam Driver in the snow.

Most of the voice overs in the trailers were not in the movie either, especially Lupita s character.

Ok. I've listened to the soundtrack. Honestly it's really... kinda... Poor.

None of the tracks were memorable. The whole thing just blended together like something playing in the background of a videogame. Just generic Star Wars music, nothing out of the ordinary.

• Like 1

Okay I think I'm tripping hard. I'm watching all the trailers to find the shot I was looking for, and I don't see it. Anybody want to find it? It's Adam Driver, mask off, in snow. I think there are Storm Troopers behind him.

Also in terms of actual reaction, I don't think it was mind blowing amazing as some are no doubt going to say. I think I liked Star Trek 09 better, but I'll have to watch that again.

Edited by Travod
reaction

a good movie but not great, but they are in great shape moving forward with a solid cast. Now we know why JJ wanted to delay the film a bit to work on the script a bit longer, Disney and their deadlines. Need to see it again to see how it holds up.

Edited by Ryan Reynolds

That was fucking amazing. Everything I wanted it to be and more. JJ did it!!

Sold out IMAX theater applauded 3 times for Lucasfilm, A long time ago, and when Star Wars finally hit the screen. They applauded so much during the movie and at the end.

Last time I've seen anything get that good a crowd response was the original Avengers. It was like if the finale of Jurassic World was the whole movie. 

I had to piss so badly but barely anyone got up during the entire thing because they didn't want to miss a single shot.

Disney did such an amazing job marketing it. I hope it breaks every record

• Like 6

I loved it, but I had no capacity to not love it. 

Complaining about the beats not being earned is a little strange though, considering that is how Star Wars has always been. I don't think that it is too much of a travesty that some little moments go by fast when you are dealing with an epic though. 

But yeah, I cried four times. I had a ton of fun. 

• Like 4

It was honestly such a surreal experience and being a huge Star Wars geek, I had a stupid grin on my face from the moment Lucasfilm showed up on screen. So I loved all of the fan service. I thought the story totally worked too.

Erased everything about the prequels. I knew it was going to be very good in those first 10-15 minutes when characters actually felt like people.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

Does anyone think they wasted Phasma on purpose? They wanted a Boba Fett like character that seemed all cool, but was all style and no substance. Didn't work great in the film, but I loved Finn when they were deciding what to do with her. Boyega was awesome, Finn may have been my favorite new character, although they were all fantastic.

Boyega seemed kinda silly and out of place until the second act. He was all jitters and panic in what I kinda consider the prologue. But once he's into the desert he produces about as much comedy as the other 6 movies combined.  At first it felt misplaced, but about mid-may through the second act, really, about the time when Chewy starts hamming it up a bit himself, that it started working for me. Boyega really makes it work, and I applaud him for it. In fact, by the end, I liked comedy Finn better than enthusiastic Finn.

I thought Boyega and Driver were the strongest. I thought Ridley was actually a little wooden, though being wooden worked fine for Hamill and she's a lot less wooden than he was. Plus, she's up there with Driver as the two most interesting characters in the movie, and arguably two of the three most interesting in the entire series, depending on how much you like Yoda or Darth Maul. Ford was his old awesome Han Solo self, and it was probably the best use of Chewie in any of the movies ("I can tell you were really brave." LOL). Mayhew is a genius at physical comedy, acting underneath that huge costume.

Edited by Wrath