AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

Nute Gunray could still be alive. Sure he got chest slashed by Anakin, but we never see his dead body afterwards and Finn got backslashed and survived!

Bail Organa could still be alive. We never saw him on Alderaan so we don't know if he was actually on it!

Palpatine could still be alive. He never got stabbed or shot or anything, he just disappeared down a long shaft!

Admiral Piett could still be alive. Yeah the A-Wing crashed into the bridge but we see him jump into the pit right as it hits so maybe he escaped the flames and then escape podded before the Executor crashed into the Death Star!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

I'm not even a writer and I've already covered that one without any problem at all.

We definitely saw her react.  But to what?   Han's "death" or Ben's act of turning to the dark side?    The only other time we've seen her "sense" anything it was from another Force user (Luke).

Writing your way out of this stuff when you don't see the body is easy.

You just outlined a way Han could come back which makes it a possibility.

I can't help hearing Yoda in my head when I see someone being so sure.    "So certain are you?"     Not sure what all the certainty is based on.   Ignoring countless examples in movie history makes no sense to me.

If it happens I guess I'll be the only one who isn't surprised.

Again, we aren't arguing against the rule.  You aren't the site's movie savant, we are all very well of how this happens a lot.  

But in this case, in this universe, with everything we've seen, he's fucking dead.  As I mentioned before, we saw Qui-Gon take a lightsaber to the gut and he died.  This was without falling into a pit OR the planet exploding.  A fucking jedi couldn't survive, how could a normal fucking dude?  We haven't seen any kind of example of a normal human cheating death like this in this universe.

7 minutes ago, Darth Rallax said:

Again, we aren't arguing against the rule.  You aren't the site's movie savant, we are all very well of how this happens a lot.  

But in this case, in this universe, with everything we've seen, he's fucking dead.  As I mentioned before, we saw Qui-Gon take a lightsaber to the gut and he died.  This was without falling into a pit OR the planet exploding.  A fucking jedi couldn't survive, how could a normal fucking dude?  We haven't seen any kind of example of a normal human cheating death like this in this universe.

If they really wanted to, they could steal something from the books (I know they aren't canon) and say the lightsaber was turned to stun. Stun is setting that is used to train young Jedi. The lightsaber can only burn or bruise the person on stun. That way he could still be penetrated by it, but only suffer injury. Then they'd have to explain the fall which would be the hardest thing to do. Not impossible though. The exploding planet is not a big deal, since they were able to get to Kylo and save him before the explosion.

Theoretically they could do it if they wanted to. 

I swear Ford is at home seeing all the fanboys saying it is totally possible he is still alive and thinking he should have added 10 other different things to his death. Like getting his head, legs and arms cut from his body and after that turn into dust. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CJ Ren said:

I swear Ford is at home seeing all the fanboys saying it is totally possible he is still alive and thinking he should have added 10 other different things to his death. Like getting his head, legs and arms cut from his body and after that turn into dust. 

I mean if he wanted people to think he was deader than dead, he shouldn't have fallen off the bridge. Leave the body, have them bury or burn it. Falling into darkness Gandalf style is not the way to go out.

Edited by Frozen

9 minutes ago, CJ Ren said:

I'm pretty sure Harpo is the only person I've seen assuming he is still alive.  You know, because he's seen more movies than anyone else.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Frozen said:

I mean if he wanted people to think he was deader than dead, he shouldn't have fallen off the bridge. Leave the body, have them bury or burn it. Falling into darkness Gandalf style is not the way to go out.

This is true, but he ain't a wizard.

• Like 1

Yes, we should have had Kylo Ren picking the body and burying it in the snow :lol:

Just now, Darth Rallax said:

I'm pretty sure Harpo is the only person I've seen assuming he is still alive.  You know, because he's seen more movies than anyone else.

I've seen many people online who think he is alive. It's a popular theory. And just as many people think he is really dead. It's just fun speculation.

Just now, Frozen said:

I've seen many people online who think he is alive. It's a popular theory. And just as many people think he is really dead. It's just fun speculation.

A part for Harrison Ford died when he read this. 

Gotta say Force Awakens is generating some of most mundane debate/discussion/speculation that I can recall from a major blockbuster. Hopefully the next chapter gives rise to more interesting discussions either by the answers it provides to the questions left by VII or the questions it leaves to its own story...

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

Gotta say Force Awakens is generating some of most mundane debate/discussion/speculation that I can recall from a major blockbuster. Hopefully the next chapter gives rise to more interesting discussions either by the answers it provides to the questions left by VII or the questions it leaves to its own story...

I'm not sure of this is interesting, but I was reading a debate last night on rather or not it was Rey's parents or Kylo Ren who left her on Jakku. Kylo seemed to worried when they mentioned a girl on Jakku helping the droid. How did he know she was there and why didn't he just kill her?

• Like 1

I'm not sure of this is interesting, but I was reading a debate last night on rather or not it was Rey's parents or Kylo Ren who left her on Jakku. Kylo seemed to worried when they mentioned a girl on Jakku helping the droid. How did he know she was there and why didn't he just kill her?

Could be cool if they stretch it Ren's somehow involved in that way I suppose. I mean, I feel almost the sole purpose of this one was to generate unresolved questions... Just dangle a big, big hook for 8 and 9. Abrams provided so little resolution to anything/everything that the next two could pretty much go anywhere without compromising the events of 7.