CaptainJackSparrow

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story | 1B WW

wow...

Episode 8 will drop big which is sad because it most likely will be the best in this new trilogy and I like Rian Johnson's movies.

Colin trevorrow, the clever but meh director, his episode 9 will do more than Episode 8 and maybe even come close to TFA as it will be the end of this new trilogy of main star wars films.

Edited by marveldcfox

7 hours ago, Elessar said:

If we go by previous SW trilogies, the drop will be rather big as well. My hunch would be it does numbers that people predicted for R1, around 1.3b, $1.5b at best.

Pretty agree. I am thinking in something like 600/800/1.4b (let's see how ERs evolves. Dollar is becoming more and more strong).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Only 1.4 billion for SW8?? Avengers age of ultron drop 115/119 mil... 

Empire Strikes Back dropped a 26% relative to Star Wars

Attack of the Clones dropped a 30% relative to Phantom Menace

1.4b would mean about a 32% drop relative to TFA. Considering the bad ERs, I would not rule out it.

• Like 1

OK, but it is no exaggeration that SW8 can drop "so much?

2 minutes ago, peludo said:

Empire Strikes Back dropped a 26% relative to Star Wars

Attack of the Clones dropped a 30% relative to Phantom Menace

1.4b would mean about a 32% drop relative to TFA. Considering the bad ERs, I would not rule out it.

35 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

OK, but it is no exaggeration that SW8 can drop "so much?

I just take the precedents and apply them to this case. I can be wrong, but taking into account that the first parts of each trilogy have been massive juggernauts, anomalies. I do not see so crazy a 30% drop. Even Empire Strikes Back could not repeat the success of Star Wars, even being considered a better film and one of the best sequels ever made.

We are not talking about usual films, but event ones. This will be the first time we see a sequel of a 2b film. And I insist, the ER drop trend seems to be even bigger because of latest economical decissions.

And you mentioned that Ultron just dropped 115 million relative to TA. But in that drop you have to take into account that China increased 150 million relative to TA. So without China, Ultron dropped 265 million. From that point, you can already rule out a similar increase from China for SW8 because the massive increases in that market are over.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, peludo said:

I just take the precedents and apply them to this case. I can be wrong, but taking into account that the first parts of each trilogy have been massive juggernauts, anomalies. I do not see so crazy a 30% drop. Even Empire Strikes Back could not repeat the success of Star Wars, even being considered a better film and one of the best sequels ever made.

We are not talking about usual films, but event ones. This will be the first time we see a sequel of a 2b film. And I insist, the ER drop trend seems to be even bigger because of latest economical decissions.

And you mentioned that Ultron just dropped 115 million relative to TA. But in that drop you have to take into account that China increased 150 million relative to TA. So without China, Ultron dropped 265 million. From that point, you can already rule out a similar increase from China for SW8 because the massive increases in that market are over.

You dont think china and Asian Market  more support the new star wars with a great marketing? It s possible 

Edited by fabiopazzo2

1 hour ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

You dont think china and Asian Market  more support the new star wars with a great marketing? It s possible 

The best way to know if Star Wars has become a phenomenon in Asia is precisely to see the reception of Rogue One. Let's wait until we have some results and we'll se if Asia drops like Europe or if it can manage a better hold.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, animationlover said:

Was TFA gross in China is not that big?

Can it increase compare TFA gross or will it drop like every other countries?

Not big but No.5 import film of 2016, behind Zootopia, Warcraft, Civil War and Jungle Book.

I am not sure whether it could increase. But I wanna keep a optimistic attitude because Chiese audience like this kind of Sci-Fi film more than Jedi who fight with lightsaber, and critic reviews say 3rd act is excellent.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, peludo said:

The best way to know if Star Wars has become a phenomenon in Asia is precisely to see the reception of Rogue One. Let's wait until we have some results and we'll se if Asia drops like Europe or if it can manage a better hold.

We have some results from Hong Kong and Taiwan and they seem to be bad...

Edit: Actually the HK results are good..In admissions it was 62% of what TFA did...

Edited by FantasticBeasts