kayumanggi

ZOOTOPIA | 682.5 M overseas ● 1023.8 M worldwide

Zootopia grossed $10.8 million from 41 territories.  That places the film’s overseas total at $590.7 million and global cume at a massive $907.1 million.  Current totals to date for individual markets include $234.4 million in China, $31.8 million in Russia, $31.1 million in France, $31.0 million in Germany, $30.6 million in the United Kingdom and $29.4 million in Korea.

Source: BoxOffice.com

So closee

Please Japan!

15 minutes ago, Omni said:

Either WOM explodes in Japan (needs a crazy 15/20x multiplier), or 1B isn't going to be reached. *sighs*

I think expectations for Japan was too high. This cause the wrong assumption that Zootopia have had a great overseas run especially in asian markets:

- Japan is more like an european than an asian market, and in european key markets except Russia, Zoo is not so strong.

- Zoo OS numbers was inflated by chinese gross that account for 40%. We know well that chinese $ are good for statistics but pretty useless in term of studio and ancillary revenues.

- Zoo OS numbers minus China (355M by now) are less than recents movies like HtTyD2 (380M), Tangled (390M), Monster University (440M), Inside Out (485), similar to BH6 (360M), The Croods (335M), Rio 2 (330M) and a bit better than Hotel Transylvania 2 (290M) and WiR (280), So, even not mentioning Frozen and the yellow shit, nothing of extraordinary.

• Like 1

$907M + $25M domestic + $15M OS without japan = $947M ( needs $53M from Japan )

Japan debuted this weekend with $4M and that's already included in WW number so it needs $57M from Japan.

Could Zootopia reach that???

9 minutes ago, PanaMovie said:

Zootopia grossed $10.8 million from 41 territories.  That places the film’s overseas total at $590.7 million and global cume at a massive $907.1 million.  Current totals to date for individual markets include $234.4 million in China, $31.8 million in Russia, $31.1 million in France, $31.0 million in Germany, $30.6 million in the United Kingdom and $29.4 million in Korea.

Source: BoxOffice.com

So closee

Please Japan!

How did you get that overseas report from boxoffice.com???

I can't find it anymore since they changed the layout

3 minutes ago, Claudio said:

Japan debuted this weekend with $4M and that's already included in WW number so it needs $57M from Japan.

It's possible. Would require about a 14x multiplier. Corpse mentioned it having a fair chance at $45 million. If glowing WOM proves stronger than competition, it's certainly a possibility. Not likely yet though. Let's wait till next weekend.

2 minutes ago, Claudio said:

How did you get that overseas report from boxoffice.com???

I can't find it anymore since they changed the layout

They combined it with Domestic, just scroll to the bottom of the weekend estimates.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arlo245 said:

It's possible. Would require about a 14x multiplier. Corpse mentioned it having a fair chance at $45 million. If glowing WOM proves stronger than competition, it's certainly a possibility. Not likely yet though. Let's wait till next weekend.

Great reviews + golden week ahead surely will help its leg. But it really needs an incredible leg to reach that amount. 

9 minutes ago, Claudio said:

2 minutes ago, Arlo245 said:

I also feel that of Zootopia stalls at $995 million ($52 million in Japan [13x] which I think is quite possible), Disney will push it to $345 million domestic with a theater expansion so it can reach $1 billion. 

5 minutes ago, Tower said:

They combined it with Domestic, just scroll to the bottom of the weekend estimates.

5 minutes ago, PanaMovie said:

It's right under the weekend estimates

At the bottom of the page

Weww... 

I got it. Thanks man.

Too lazy to scroll down.... I thought there's just a weekend table below it 

:P

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arlo245 said:

I also feel that of Zootopia stalls at $995 million ($52 million in Japan [13x] which I think is quite possible), Disney will push it to $345 million domestic with a theater expansion so it can reach $1 billion. 

Yeah.. Disney Will do anything to push this reach $1Bn. I still believe this one will reach that.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Claudio said:

Yeah.. Disney Will do anything to push this reach $1Bn. I still believe this one will reach that.

We need to take into account that the North American release is still going strong. And it's dropping slowly in the markets that it's still in.

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

If this reaches 990M Disney will fudge it.

They didn't fudge the Lion King despite it reaching $987 million. Reaching $1B would have made it the only 2D animated movie to reach that mark (and likely forever since 2d animated movies are almost extinct in Hollywood), a very remarkable milestone for it. So imo, even if Zoo reaches $995 million, unless it's still making a decent amount of money per week (at least $0.5m or so), they won't fudge anything (though they might rerelease or re expand it later on).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Agafin said:

They didn't fudge the Lion King despite it reaching $987 million. Reaching $1B would have made it the only 2D animated movie to reach that mark (and likely forever since 2d animated movies are almost extinct in Hollywood), a very remarkable milestone for it. So imo, even if Zoo reaches $995 million, unless it's still making a decent amount of money per week (at least $0.5m or so), they won't fudge anything (though they might rerelease or re expand it later on).

It's a lot harder to fudge the re-release of a movie that was 17 years old at the time.