Dementeleus

Christmas Eve Awakens: SW 27.5-28.5m (Rth) So this is how Avatar dies, with thunderous applause

13 minutes ago, druv10 Maul said:

So in 7 days, it has made 51.4% of Avatar's final gross and sits at 22 all-time domestic. Passing BO behemoths Passion of the Christ, FN, ROTS and DH2, just yesterday. It'll be top 10 after today and top 5 by Sunday. If it continues this pace TA will be done on day 13 while JW/Titanic on 14 or 15 and Avatar by day 17. Unfucking believable at the speed it's boat rushing movies right now.  

Also Tele's Avatar+32% gap just hit 210M. 1B is happening folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ohmyzod::ohmygod:

It's the run we all want to see. Mega opening and awesome legs. 

• Like 4

Why is deadline predicting Point Break to make more than Concussion and Joy? Its not the only trade doing that either. The tracking seems way off for a movie with zero buzz, and who's main audience will be watching Star Wars instead.

56 minutes ago, #ED2-D2 said:

Should I even bother to predict today? I've been wrong every fucking day since previews.

Merry Christmas!

I usually do not predictions,... I might try it for the 1st time (or 2nd time?)

So, some cinemas had a late start based on X-Mas Eve closing down.

Some at least again close down earlier.

Sooo, ignoring the usual Friday rules.... X-Mas of Avatar was $23.01m.

X-Mas Eve had a * 2.4 between Avatar and SW 7....

Staying probably too cautious, but that is how I like it.... = Friday = $45m++ ?

Edit: a double + sign (++) means for me: I think considerable more is possible

Edited by terrestrial

5 minutes ago, druv10 Maul said:

That's whats surprising. Avatar became the perfect comp just at 2.5 times bigger. These guys are just afraid what the gross would look if it continued to follow Avatar but here is the thing, it doesn't need to follow Avatar after NY weekend, at the current pace it'll be well over 800M by then, even if it collapses a billion happens. I'm not sure what happened to CJohn but these numbers are making him very afraid. 

At what point does a strong domestic run put Avatar WW back into play?  I say $1.1B domestic. 

1 minute ago, babz06 said:

Why is deadline predicting Point Break to make more than Concussion and Joy? Its not the only trade doing that either. The tracking seems way off for a movie with zero buzz, and who's main audience will be watching Star Wars instead.

Because they are silly.

5 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

It's the run we all want to see. Mega opening and awesome legs. 

Only run that was similar was Roaring Currents in South Korea. It's OW was huge and had great legs. It steam rolled to biggest grosser ever beating Avatar in admissions and dollars. I think it ended with 18M admissions compared to 14M+ by Avatar.

• Like 2