druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

1 minute ago, tokila said:

Ok just read the article. Its clear it is only based off of morning returns. This is not taking into account afternoons. I have no clue how you can make an estimate off of CMAS morning when people are still opening presents. Most people go out after they have their family CMas dinner. 

" To boot, overall revenue is also expected to hit a record for Dec. 25, when moviegoing surges in the afternoon. " So ya this was based off of data prior to the afternoon. 

Well there you go.  THR just putting out a headline since no one threw out a Friday number yet.

18 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Lol @ anyone who actually calls this number bad or anything. We're now in the time of year where people can go to the movies anytime they want over a nearly three week stretch, and obviously this isn't a typical movie released in December.

The numbers for the openers range from great (Daddy's Home) to decent (Joy) to okay (Concussion) to poor (Point Break). No real surprises other than Daddy's Home, which seemed like it could go either way.

I'd say the estimates so far are great for Joy and Daddy's Home, leaning towards  the higher end of expectations. 

1 minute ago, Rth said:

WTF maybe they meant 45-50 :P, at worst has to be over 40

45-50M still isn't great. I believe everyone here was expecting 50M+ at worst. 

Thanks for the update Rth. Any news on other movies? 

• Like 2