druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

11 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

49.4 + 80%

58 +19%

45.3 -22%

152.64 million Weekend. -38.5% 

8 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

I think it goes up more today and falls less on Sunday.:

So both of you're predicting the bigger Sat than AOU first Sat?? :mellow:

• Like 1

Just now, KATCH-2D2 said:

So both of you're predicting the bigger Sat than AOU first Sat?? :mellow:

Its hard to say...

Here in Canada Saturday will jump from Friday no problem.

Will this trend continue across North America is the question... 

My belief as SW7 plays more family focused it should do better on Saturday. 

• Like 2

So Star Wars is "helping" the other movies instead of killing them, just like Avatar. All the movies are doing great.

Daddy's Home is HUGE. It's gonna be the biggest comedy of 2015.

Joy with smaller cast, terrible reviews and no oscar buzz is doing American Hustle numbers.

The Big Short also gonna do close to 20M for the 5day.

Hateful Eight doing great numbers in limited release, holdovers like Sisters, Alvin, Creed increasing, even Concussion and Point Break which always looked like the most likely to bomb will do more than many thought.

It's not just spillover, maybe when there's a huge recod-breaking movie everone's talking about, it makes people go to the movies more frequently.

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Much you have to learn 

Says someone who said AOU will make 580 M dom and that JW won't touch 1 B overseas.

And for the record, though I underestimated this last weekend my accuracy was 94.5%. I also predicted 169 M for the second weekend which won't be that off.

To corroborate Lord's point about Canada, yesterday many theaters outside of Toronto had showtimes starting no earlier than 3 pm.  Today, there are showtimes as early as 1030AM.  Today is going to be monstrous here.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, tokila said:

We already knew that SW traditional demographic was male and over 25. Those are the people who showed up on the 17th and 18th in droves. I would Be more interested to see a breakdown starting the 19th and beyond. 

That would tell us more about the legs TFA will have, and whether or not it is succeeding in reaching other demographics. I suspect that TFA is very successful with every demographic but females over the age of 25 (I still see situations where a dad brings his kids ages 8-16 to the movie but mom stays at home because she is not interested). 

Basically I think Star Wars will never reach the Lifetime/Hallmark movie demographic. And I really hope they don't try.... 

That's because star wars is an action film really, through and through. Your average woman simply don't care for it. If Disney thought casting a female as the main lead will automatically make women want to watch a star was movie then they are just completely out of touch.

• Like 1

My aunt is 50 years old, has never seen a Star Wars movie in her life and she was raving about this movie all day yesterday.

When a movie is being seen by this many people you can't really say 'It isn't appealing to this demo'. Even it's only a small percentage of all the people who see it, it's still an insane amount of people.

• Like 14

the old adage of the  bigger they are the bigger they fall does not apply to star wars apparently.........

Let the force flow worldwide onwards and upwards to those all time records.........