druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

With a 50 mill Friday (which i called back in the thursday thread....only mentionin that because my reasoning was that it has to start deviating from Avatar....cant get same increases forever) its on pace for 166  mill weekend.  Do you seriously have any idea how insane that is? How many films opened higher in their first weekend? 5  maybe?

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

With a 50 mill Friday (which i called back in the thursday thread....only mentionin that because my reasoning was that it has to start deviating from Avatar....cant get same increases forever) its on pace for 166  mill weekend.  Do you seriously have any idea how insane that is? How many films opened higher in their first weekend? 5  maybe?

Yes, 5 movies if you don't take SW7 first weekend into the count.

And it's also going to break a few records that no one cares about right now like fastest to 400m,450m and 500m by tomorrow.. :D

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tokila said:

Actuals have gone up from everywhere but Rth. He has been spot on. 

RTH doesnt give estimation. Instead he gives a range, and boxoffice automatically falls into that range. He is the Chuck Norris of boxoffice.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 8

9 minutes ago, Lizzy said:

so should we take this as an update to the estimate or stick with the Rth estimate. Deadline has been off with TFA quite a bit, but the fact it was updated after the movie closed for the day in the entire US makes me wonder if they have a more up to date sample. That said the size of the range tells me they DONT have a final data sample (at this hour you should be able to give a 2mil range as like I said no more future business is being done)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rth said:

From what DL recently put out TFA more like 49.4, DH 15.3,Alvin 3.5,H8 1.9, rest look in about right ranges

I think we are going to need more precision..... lol. I need it down to the dollar. :lol: