druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

1 minute ago, Frozen said:

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS earned an estimated $49.344M on Friday. 8-day domestic total is $440.4M. #StarWars #TheForceAwakens

This number. It is good but it also sucks :kitschjob: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frozen said:

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS earned an estimated $49.344M on Friday. 8-day domestic total is $440.4M. #StarWars #TheForceAwakens

Awesome number. As long as it drops less than 50% for the weekend I'm happy.

4 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

Daddy's home with its 29 rottentomatoes rating will be extremely front loaded and collapse dramatically in its 2nd weekend 

No way. Families seem to be loving this. I'll take a wild guess that it drops 20% at most for New Year's weekend, then it'll drop 50% the following weekend.

Edited by department store basement
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Frozen said:

Rth was spot on but damn, Disney learn from Paramount to fudge. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, hasanahmad said:

Is that the 2nd Friday record ?

It breaks this record

TOP SINGLE DAY NON-OPENING GROSSES BY DAY OF THE WEEK

Rank Title (click to view) Studio Single Day Gross Theaters Average Date / Days in Release Gross to Date* Final Gross*
1 Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen P/DW $36,740,666 4,234 $8,678 6/26/09 3 $127.9 $402.1
2 Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith Fox $33,529,613 3,661 $9,159 5/20/05 2 $83.5 $380.3
3 Transformers: Dark of the Moon P/DW $32,988,883 4,088 $8,070 7/01/11 3 $97.8 $352.4

Just came back from my showing! Awesome film!! Really Loved it. Saw it with two other friends who had never before seen any star wars film and they liked it a lot too. One thing I'd particularly mention was that I felt the action was pretty good and thats a big thing for me since I rarely enjoy a film's action much.

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, The Panda Menace said:

I wonder how Saturday will go, and just below 50m is really killer.  Just like just below 250m

I wonder too, here in Canada will be a big increase but its Boxing day here. 

Imo at worst it will stay flat Today, but I doubt that. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Panda Menace said:

I wonder how Saturday will go, and just below 50m is really killer.  Just like just below 250m

My wishes for Saturday:

- Star Wars making 55M;

- More drunk Tele.

• Like 8