druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

BTW, change of plans I'm seeing SW tomorrow morning.

Creed still on Wednesday

me and the wife just made plans to catch TFA in IMAX again on Saturday. She had been begging me to see it again.... 

• Like 2

Could hit $120M mid-week numbers, even with the inevitable NYE dip. Just will depend on how much it drops that day. Avatar didn't drop too badly, actually. 

Bottom line Avatar could be in sight by the end of Day 17. With $120M midweek if that happens, Avatar will not possibly be more than $10M away by the end of Sunday. That's pretty incredible. 

Just now, shruth said:

can we all take a moment to realize that if that monday holds TFA's 2nd monday would be $25m higher than The Avengers's 2nd monday. This is INSANE not even close to being in the same league. 

How about that the second Monday beats every first Monday besides its own by 6m+?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tokila said:

me and the wife just made plans to catch TFA in IMAX again on Saturday. She had been begging me to see it again.... 

You let her 'beg' for that?????

I'd leave my hubby behind and would go with friends instead :P;)

btw, for the newbes:

a Monday thread got created

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/20833-monday-tfa-33m/?page=1

5 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

This is so exciting, every day is a roller-coaster. Sometimes below expectations, but most of the time, complete wtf!

The only reason a 42-44 million Sunday comes in below so called expectations is because we are comparing it to Avatar.  We shouldn't be doing that and instead just look at the number.  42-44 mill on Sunday is just insane.

• Like 5

Just now, Baumer Fett said:

The only reason a 42-44 million Sunday comes in below so called expectations is because we are comparing it to Avatar.  We shouldn't be doing that and instead just look at the number.  42-44 mill on Sunday is just insane.

I highly doubt it would have dropped from the original estimate much though w/o the weather. Every number it has pulled so far has been insane though. 

• Like 2