druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

What I think is strange:

via search machine sorted per date literally tons of 'news'/blogs reporting about OD and OW like those details are news.

I am familiar with those kind of 'news', but not with the felt XXXX times ammount of those

• Like 1

1 minute ago, No Prisoners said:

#1 still in play by the 3rd

Staying Conservative  I think that finite demand will impact drops now. 

Like I am seeing a 40% drop next weekend as well which would be 85-90+ million. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

8 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Still can't believe my sister broke her leg prior to us going to see this yesterday.. I mean, what the total fuck??? :sarah:

I am really hoping she will feel better soon, it sucks to lay in a hospital during the holidays. And that it is a simple break, or it can take a long recovery and a lot of medical training / phsical ... forgot the word

Please give her my best wishes for a fast recovery

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

It's not so much that as it was such a fluke that it happened and all because she couldn't wait 5 minutes for me to arrive to move this ceramic goose or whatever it was to avoid this.. Surgery for her on Monday and pretty well off from work for probably a couple of months..

Oh, that sounds like a bad break... did she try to move it herself?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Me and 9 others going to noon show of star wars. Ill send crowd reports when i get there in about an hour

I'll be seeing it with the same people on opening day in about 3 1/2 hours in IMAX :)  First time seeing this in IMAX so I am hoping for a good crowd.

• Like 2

Perspective 

tfa 3 day first weekend was 193

tfa 3 day 2nd weekend will be around 150

previous December opening record was 88

tfa will not only break that once but 3 times in 3 weekends 

2nd weekend is 50 million higher than avengers and Jurassic park, which is exactly the amount it was higher in the first weekend , it is tracking in line but on a bigger scale 

it was practically impossible for 180 to happen in 2nd weekend without previews because of Christmas weekend numbers being high but never 150 high for any movie in history 

Edited by hasanahmad

7 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

So Daddy's Home 40m plus weekend? Possible 50m? Whoa

When I went to see Star Wars yesterday, there was a huge line outside another door. I assumed it was for another showing of Star Wars. It was for Daddy's Home. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Frozen said:

When I went to see Star Wars yesterday, there was a huge line outside another door. I assumed it was for another showing of Star Wars. It was for Daddy's Home. 

That's good. LOL a lot of people thought it would bomb. Nice to see it doing well.

• Like 4

Early weekend estimates BO.com

Weinstein:
The Hateful Eight    $4,750,000               -    100    --      $47,500    $4,750,000    
Carol                     $1,300,000    +462%    180    164    $7,222     $3,084,311

Edited by terrestrial