baumer

Star Wars TFA Tuesday Actual: 29.5M !!! (-6%)

1 minute ago, lab276 said:

With Avatar's drops it gets to 110m.

depends how you look at. Going by dailies and %s ya about 110. Going by weekend drops.... it would be like 130 mil.... 

I have it at 108. Just enough to beat the old 2nd weekend record on the 3rd weekend. which is exactly like something TFA would do... lol. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tokila said:

Not seeing sunday lower than this monday. 

It did happen to Avatar though. 17M sunday vs 19M monday.

Highly likely it happens again this week-end, since TFA doesn't hold like Avatar in most cases.

1 minute ago, VenomXXR said:

Avatar dropped less than 10% from its 2nd weekend to 3rd. If TFA did the same it would have a $135 million 3rd weekend. It's going to drop at least 25% from its 2nd to 3rd.

another way to look at it is TFA has consistently been dropping 17-22% week over week (if you take out previews Cmas only fell 20%).  The only day it was worse than this Saturday the 27th(28%, we will never know how much weather affected that). So even if it accelerates this weekend to 28% falls  we are still looking at 108 mil if it maintains its current decline rate this weekend we would be looking at 115mil(I even left a 28% sunday drop in the equation). 

8 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Avatar dropped less than 10% from its 2nd weekend to 3rd. If TFA did the same it would have a $135 million 3rd weekend. It's going to drop at least 25% from its 2nd to 3rd.

I meant with daily drops.

7 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

It did happen to Avatar though. 17M sunday vs 19M monday.

Highly likely it happens again this week-end, since TFA doesn't hold like Avatar in most cases.

true, even I have this weekend at 37-41-30 which would have sunday lower than monday.

Thats 28% drop weekend. 3X avatar drop.  

Following TFA's own pattern from the latter half of last week and it's second weekend I come up with the following W-TH-F-Sat-Sun predictions: W 29.5 / TH 21 (-30%) / F 37.5 (+79%) / SAT 43 (+15%) / SUN 26 (-40%) - 106 3rd weekend, 758 gross. TFA's Christmas eve drop was 28%. Avatar's NY eve drop was 20%. Avatar's third Sunday drop from Saturday was 33%. This seems reasonable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

The very fact that we have no idea how it's behave is really exciting.

Daily drops say the week-end should be closer to 90M, but week-end drops say the week-end should be closer to 100-120M, what the hell?

Daily's are more recent :o. I'm guessing 95m to 105m, far too many underestimates in this SW run.

Also your (James Cameron's) Avatar of the Star Wars girl, she reminds me of a lord of the rings character.

A4r2gAk.png

38 minutes ago, druv10 Maul said:

Gitesh sounds so butthurt it's ridiculous with his 12.5 nonsense. If he's going to be a smartass be precise and say 12.20833 days.

Business hours for a single-day time-frame are 6AM - 5:59AM though.  So previews starting at 7PM counted up till 5:50 shows would be about 0.5 days (.46 days to be precise).  57M made from 7PM Thursday - 5:59 AM Friday and 62M from 6AM Friday - 5:59 Saturday would be 119M in about 1.5 BO tracking days.  

I personally hold the same standard for the old midnight previews.  For example, TDKR from 12AM Fri - 5:59 Fri made ~30M and ~45M from 6AM Fri - 5:59 Sat.  75M in roughly 1.25 days.  ~160.9M 3.25 day weekend.  Same standard with TA, or TDK, or whatever else.

Makes sense ITO shows as well.  TFA had ~198,000 shows from Fri-Sun, without previews.  About 66K per day, and somewhere between 30-35K shows from Thursday 7PM - Friday 5:59 AM, which is half of how many it had in the other 24-hour frames.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Sagemode87 said:

Doesn't make it a better movie. Star Wars just has a more rabid fanbase. TFA was overrated garbage. 

If rabid fanbases were what was needed for 800m+ grossers, the Dark Knight Rises would be champ with 2b domestic.

• Like 2