CJohn

ETHAN HUNT'S BEST OF 2015 TOP 10!!! | ALSO SPAGHETTI RIPS OFF TELE ON PG. 14 (CJohn's Final Top on Page 1, Ethan Hunt on Pg. 7)

Just now, 4815162342 said:

When I do my list in February I can guarantee one thing:

Jurassic World will not be #3.

I knew it Numbers. I knew you would be the one to put it in first place.

• Like 4

Just now, CJohn said:

I knew it Numbers. I knew you would be the one to put it in first place.

The Raptorcycles. They inspired me.

*Colin Trevorrow appears from off-stage to whisper in my ear*

Oh wait, that was a photoshopped gif? Never mind, 3/10, would not watch again.

• Like 6

Just now, 4815162342 said:

The Raptorcycles. They inspired me.

*Colin Trevorrow appears from off-stage to whisper in my ear*

Oh wait, that was a photoshopped gif? Never mind, 3/10, would not watch again.

:sarah:

The movie would have been my first place in every year for eternity if that was actually in it :lol:

3 hours ago, CJohn said:

I hope you all enjoyed the reveal of my top 10. Here is the first place :)

Hide contents

CRIMSON PEAK

(Release Date: October 22)

Crimson-Peak.jpg

I saw this movie in IMAX. And when it ended, I just stayed there for a few minutes, watching the credits role and thinking about what I had just seen. Everything was perfection and I loved it. The production design was magnificent. The house was a stunning thing to look at. So beautiful and at the same time so terrifying. The costumes were a thing of beauty. Hiddleston, Chastain and Wasikowska all looked gorgeous. The score was another brilliant thing. All the right tones in the right moments. Everything was put together with so much attention to detail it was hard to not be impressed.

CrimsonPeak1.jpg

Del Toro proves again why he is a genius. The direction is pitch perfect. To think the idea for this movie came from his own mind amazes me. He truly has an imagination like no other. It is a shame the GA doesn't recognize him as one of the greats right now because I would surely love to see more original movies/passion projects from him. 

sgt86hlufuexrjweo5io.jpg

Hiddleston and Wasikowska were great (hell, even Hunnam was quite good), but Chastain was absolutely fantastic. She was the perfect villain, and made me realize Universal made a huge mistake by not putting her as the Ice Queen in that Huntsman movie. She would have been an awesome villain to have right next to Theron. Both of them chewing the scenery would have been glorious to see. 

fb756ffa9a372f9965476b8234304de7_500x735

I don't care if I am the only person in the world thinking this is the best movie of the year. It was everything I wanted it to be and more. To the ones who followed my reveal, I hope you all enjoy and share your favorite movies of 2015 soon. Happy 2016 everyone!

Quotes from our Review Thread:

ddddeeee

Joel M

Blanks

This gives me SUCH a happy.  This movie perfectly achieves what it is...and as a huge fan of the literary genre, I would adore it even without the wildly appropriate casting.  But evidently it was hard for GA to process (or just that terrible marketing campaign).  It sure would have benefited from some TFA -level spoiler prevention.

• Like 1

Well it's good to see that yet again this year I can have films in my top 5 or 10 (as things stand) that haven't appeared once on a list so far :D

Giving myself 6 weeks now to see every other film made in 2015 before I commit to the positions though :)

I liked this list in general. Like Jurassic World more than a lot of people and less than a lot of people it seems. Haven't seen number 1 here as things stand though.

• Like 2

Now let's remember that this is my list and my taste can be pretty questionable (but fuck you guys this my list)

Anyways of the 32 films I saw this year I will be listing my ten favorites but there 2 films that I wanted to get in that I couldn't well because there's only ten slots. I've decided to lust those two films as honorable mentions in this post

Those honorable mentions are:

Paper Towns and Steve Jobs

Countdown starts tomorrow morning

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Now let's remember that this is my list and my taste can be pretty questionable (but fuck you guys this my list)

Anyways of the 32 films I saw this year I will be listing my ten favorites but there 2 films that I wanted to get in that I couldn't well because there's only ten slots. I've decided to lust those two films as honorable mentions in this post

Wow, no Paper Towns!  Props to you Ethan for having good taste and omitting it. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Holy shit no Paper Towns in the top 10 :ohmygod:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Expectations may have been the thing that set it apart from number 10 :ph34r:

There will be something super crazy that will leave us all like :ohmyzod:

• Like 3