Alpha

88TH ANNUAL ACADEMY AWARDS Discussion Topic (LIVE! Today's discussion begins on pg 33)

5 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

This is awful discusion both were truly awful events  but a few thousands kids to millions upon millions of ruined lives ruined governments destabilized world. In places in Europe there is still around 30% unemployment people lost everything and its still the number 1 issue politically world wide our current election is still being run off its aftermath it was a history defining event similar to the great depression the scale is significantly bigger. That's not to say spotlight shouldn't have one or that the catholic church shouldn't be forced to deal with these issues but the overall importance is key especially since almost nothing has changed since 2008 while a lot has changed in the catholic world since 2001

I have been both raped and unemployed, and I can tell you with absolute certainty that I know which one was worse. Please stop trying to speak for groups about whom you know nothing. It's fine to say you didn't like the film or w/e but why are you even making this dumb comparison between two completely different things? 

1 hour ago, 4815162342 said:

Jesus Christ Blank eat a fucking Snickers or go to bed.

Just wanna point you had the exact same reaction last year lolol

A part of me did the Stallone meltdown so that way the forum could turn against me and move on from it

:ph34r: It worked :P
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

VISUAL EFFECTS

Ex Machina (WINNER)

Mad Max: Fury Road
The Martian
The Revenant
Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Ex Machina??? :wtf:Never heard of it..

There, there. That's OK. 

14 minutes ago, Total Treecall said:

It's not as if Alicia Vikander was terrible though. I thought Danish Girl was pretty crap, and she was evidently in the wrong category, but you can't really complain that her performance won.

She was good, but unfortunately her performance in The Danish Girl is in service of a very problematic movie that does nothing to advance one's understanding of a topic that a lot of people still don't understand (I mean, it attributes his discovery that he was really a woman entirely to his wife forcing him to wear a dress for one of her paintings one day). That and she was so in the wrong category (so was Mara but that's another story). Better to pretend she won for a good performance in a great movie instead of a good performance in a lousy one.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 2