Alpha

88TH ANNUAL ACADEMY AWARDS Discussion Topic (LIVE! Today's discussion begins on pg 33)

2 minutes ago, The Panda said:

It's hard to get past the stigma of, "Animation is for children".  There are plenty of genius animated films, and practically all of the Best Animated Feature nominations were more mature movies than most Comic Book Movies people drool about here.

Completely agree, and I say that as someone who usually enjoys comic book movies. I have yet to a MCU as good or as poignant, as anything of the best that Pixar or Studio Ghibli has to offer.

• Like 1

Read these this morning, thoughts:
No Scott is a huge disappointment, though I'm actually kind of more upset about the lack of Peanuts and how Inside Out had just 2 noms.

I was right about Compton! I added it at the last moment after people said it was a lock though.

I would of had 100% on actor had it not been for the last minute surge of Carrell.

Stallone-awesome. Okay I have not seen Creed, but just seeing him here puts a smile on my face.

4 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Disappointed by:

Lack of Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, Chi-RaqStraight Outta Compton, Chir-Raq's "Pray for my City," Lily Tomlin, Tangerine (and Kitana Kiki Rodriguez)

#TheWhitenessThatIsTheOscars

#OscarsNoMinoritiesAllowed

#OscarsWhitesClub

:apocalypse::kitschjob: 

I totally forgot the nominations were supposed to come out today. I kind of followed this year's Oscar race, but I'm still somewhat surprised. Maybe it's because most movies nominated came out earlier in the year than later so I lost my familiarity with them. Count me surprised that Hardy and Miller got in.

4 hours ago, Telemachos said:

...and of course I'm in the ABI and ABR* camp, when it comes to Best Dir and Best Pic. 

:) 

* anyone but Inarritu / anything but Revenant

With you there Tele; sadly, I think Inarritu might take Best Director :/ 

4 hours ago, Telemachos said:

:ban: 

Jobs' script is weak by Sorkin's standards. Movie is fun thanks to Boyle and performances more.