efialtes76

Weekend revised estimates and 4 days totals pg 43 4 day est: RA2: 41.6: The Rev: 39.0... SW7: 32.5

5 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Wow! 6.4 would be fantastic. I agree anything 6+ is great. I don't care if Revenant killed TFA Friday - good for it! Great. I'm just happy about TFA :D

Also above, why did you write 5.5 Monday? Why would a day off be less than Friday? Probably it won't be. It may be flat. Not everyone has it off but many do..

this is how I feel. I am happy Rev is doing well. Yea I love TFA, but cant be number 1 forever but I am glad Rev was the 1st movie to pass TFA(talking about daily grosses not weekend sums) as opposed to most other movies. 

• Like 4

Revenant continued its phenomenal run at my theatre today, dropping only like 12% from last Friday's sold out. It's already at over the equivalent of 140M here and should be at 175 by the end of the weekend. It opened on par with American sniper (63-65M) but is pulling ahead due to legs.

Star Wars of course held strong with an okay 5.7M today. Still, it's well over a billion at our theatre so whatever it makes now is gravy. Daddy's Home did well also, making 37M last weekend, it did 7-7.5M today. Norm was just as expected with 2.9M but Ride Along tanked with 2.9M also.

• Like 2

Oh and I saw ride along tonight. It's really lame, don't anybody waste your time on it. Not even so bad it's good, it's just boring.

Funniest part was when the guy maybe three aisles up from me got up to go to the bathroom and he swung his arm and let go of his popcorn and threw it all over me.

• Like 9

The most shocking development of this BO, is Norm of the North actually making close to 1.5M on Friday! I am shocked that many people went to watch a movie that looked so awful. Especially when KFP3 is only a few weeks away. 

3 hours ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

I know. NOTN doesn't deserve a penny for trying to appeal to lowest common denominator possible. Just awful.

Thankfully kids are mostly ignoring it.

Probably they're so smart that they won't waste their money on the film.....and rather save it for Kung Fu Panda 3. Cause that film is actually the exact opposite of Norm of the North......and does look million times better.

• Like 1

I love this forum because it's always interesting to hear what everyone says of these films and how good they are. Also what they are expected to make. I wasn't sure if I would stick around after TFA finishes the run but the people here are great. And I want to get to know everyone. I love it here :)

• Like 11

4 hours ago, tokila said:

your sunday drop is too hard. Sunday will play more like a saturday(slightly down because church and some people are not off Mon) because most people are off the next day. A 15% drop Sat to sun is feasible IMO.

No his Sunday drop is good.  He's basing it on pst films on MLK Sunday.

58 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

I love this forum because it's always interesting to hear what everyone says of these films and how good they are. Also what they are expected to make. I wasn't sure if I would stick around after TFA finishes the run but the people here are great. And I want to get to know everyone. I love it here :)

Interesting, because my memory tells me that you spent quite some of your posts telling everyone how shitty some films are.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

Interesting, because my memory tells me that you spent quite some of your posts telling everyone how shitty some films are.

I don't have to agree with everyone to appreciate their opinions. I still enjoy hearing what people have to say! I am not usually a big fan of "awards" films but it doesn't mean I am not interested in what people think nonetheless.

• Like 1

There was one time when I visited BOM and checked the domestic ranking, I thought I clicked the worldwide page because SW: TFA domestic gross looked like a worldwide gross lol. I was like, yeah there's a movie that has just made 800 M plus in N. America.

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 8

14 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

There was one time when I visited BOM and checked the domestic ranking, I thought I clicked the worldwide page because SW: TFA domestic gross is like a worldwide gross lol. I was like, yeah there's a movie that has just made 800 M plus in N. America.

That's kind of funny.  Down the road, maybe a couple of years from now, when we look back at this run that SW went on and we see that the final gross is around 930 million, we are truly going to appreciate it.  I'm not saying we don't but right now there's too much focus on what it will end with, how much its dropping, the Oscars, and so on, that we are kind of ignoring that what this film has done is truly monumental.  855 million or so after 5 weekends.  Take that in for a minute.  855 million or so after 5 weekends.  It's crazy.

• Like 13