efialtes76

Weekend revised estimates and 4 days totals pg 43 4 day est: RA2: 41.6: The Rev: 39.0... SW7: 32.5

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Paramount’s 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi charted $900K from 1,995 theaters. Opening weekend estimates over four-days are in the low $20M range.

Ooh, I should be close with this and R2.  Norm and my $3.2m predict though will probably sink me.   I know it should be higher but at the last minute I couldn't see why it should open bigger than Shaun The Sheep for Lionsgate.  I wanted to think better of parents than that.   :lol:

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Ooh, I should be close with this and R2.  Norm and my $3.2m predict though will probably sink me.   I know it should be higher but at the last minute I couldn't see why it should open bigger than Shaun The Sheep for Lionsgate.  I wanted to think better of parents than that.   :lol:

Norm actually had marketing though.

1 hour ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

With it's 57% score at Tomatoes, 13H is the most well received movie from God Bay since..... T1? LMFAO

Insane legs are coming 

I can see why it's his most well received from a technical standpoint. (although that's not saying much, the bulk of the positive reviews are 2.5/5 or 3/5s) But this is only going to play well (in general) with a very specific crowd.  More so than most Bayflicks.

I think legs will be much worse than Lone Survivor.

1 hour ago, George Parr said:

Deadline now lists some further Thursday numbers as well:

The Revenant 4 million

TFA 3.1 million

https://deadline.com/2016/01/ride-along-2-begins-to-zoom-in-thursday-previews-box-office-1201683644/

34 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Paramount’s 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi charted $900K from 1,995 theaters. Opening weekend estimates over four-days are in the low $20M range.

nice Oscar bump for revenant. high 20s locked? looks like high teen for 13. near my picks. referring to 3 day totals

I smell derby victory already. its all up to Norm, RT at 4% that will be the butthurt pick for many including my opponent I hope. Fanboy at 9.8m, Im at 5m

I actually find that a tad disappointing for 13 Hours :/ Say it actually gets American Sniper legs, it barely does 20M for the 4-day.

Also, @Baumer or @Lordmandeep or anyone else in Canada, is it just where I live or is 13 Hours extremely limited in Canada? I mean, I can't find in anywhere within 2-3 hours of me. I would either have to go all the way to Victoria or Vancouver to see it :/

If TFA is around 3.1M, this could be the start of it's late legs.  Think of this.  Avatar decreased about 8% on Thursday from it's Monday number.  If this holds, TFA would have stayed flat from Monday.  I'm hoping for further signs of this showing up in today's bump.  Predictions:

Fri - 7.2m (+132%)

Sat - 12m (+67%)

Sun - 10.2m (-15%)

Mon - 7.8m (-24%)

3 day - 29.4m

4 day - 37.2m

3 minutes ago, MJL said:

If TFA is around 3.1M, this could be the start of it's late legs.  Think of this.  Avatar decreased about 8% on Thursday from it's Monday number.  If this holds, TFA would have stayed flat from Monday.  I'm hoping for further signs of this showing up in today's bump.  Predictions:

Fri - 7.2m (+132%)

Sat - 12m (+67%)

Sun - 10.2m (-15%)

Mon - 7.8m (-24%)

3 day - 29.4m

4 day - 37.2m

TFA is losing some of it's IMAX to Revenant this w/e which I expect contributed to see it one last time for some on Thur and which will also slightly impact the w/e #s

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

TFA is losing some of it's IMAX to Revenant this w/e which I expect contributed to see it one last time for some on Thur and which will also slightly impact the w/e #s

True, it's losing 312 theaters per Mojo, but keep in mind that Avatar lost 137 theaters on this same weekend.  It will sting a bit and bring down the average ticket price, but I'm feeling there is still enough demand to make up for it.  Personally, I feel we haven't seen all the tricks up TFA's sleeve yet.