Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers: 1) Revenant 16.0 | 2) Star Wars 14.25 | 3) Ride Along 2 12.96 pg 49

42 minutes ago, Jim Shorts said:

After surviving #snowzilla, I now have a greater respect for Canadians.  

Nah not people of Toronto.

If we had that much snow, we likely have to call the army. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

35 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Haha, one of the best episodes of Stargate SG-1 (your Avatar)

Ahaha yes, love Stargate series ! :wub:

33 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Sure, here it is:

link

1.5 + 2 + 2 + 2 is wrong, it should be 1.5 + 2 + 1.5 + 1.5, I had a slight brain malfunctions there.

Before the week-end, TFA was 2M ahead of my model. But with that terrible week-end, it dropped to 1M behind my week-end, and a further 1M will be lost because of my weird week predictions.

Keep in mind that those have been approximated from January 12th.

Thank you, your model was very pretty accurate, bravo B)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

DADDY'S HOME: $59.3M Overseas Total / $198M Global Total

THE BIG SHORT: $30.7M Overseas Total / $87.4M Global Total

BestPicture nod can mean extra revenue. But it also leads to added expenses to just keep up w/ the whole awards circus.

Big Short will have a nice tally when it's all said and done, especially if it wins Best Pic.

• Like 2

The Revenant lost some steam, but it's still doing remarkably well for such a grim, violent film. With recovery from the winter storm factored in, it should be able to close over at least $150 million.

Star Wars continues to put up solid holds, even if it's obviously nowhere near the crazily good holds that past domestic champ Avatar enjoyed at this point in its run.

Ride Along 2 got destroyed. It should ultimately retain close to two-thirds of the audience from the first film, which isn't bad for a comedy sequel that opened against such heavy competition in The Revenant and Star Wars.

All three of the openers had okay starts. None looked appealing enough to break out, but at least none sank nearly as low as the spate of notorious January bombs from last year.

I would say that 13 Hours held surprisingly well, but it did have a significant expansion to bolster it.

2 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

No it hasn't. SW is only at $1.94B with this weekend estimates:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/

Not saying $2b or not, might be based on discussions about e.g. BOM having adjusted the whole runs per country to the recently dropped ERs and not only for the days-in-time the ERs did actually drop?

46 minutes ago, Jim Shorts said:

I don't think it'll have a problem crossing 925.  TFA is going to do ridiculous business in discount and dollar theaters.  I'm just hoping it has enough for 950.  I'll be pissed if it finishes at 948.6

Well, it's at 879 now, coming off a 14 mill weekend.  45 million more gives it 925.  I think that's doable.  I'd love to see it get to 950 but I just don't see how it does.

3 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Not saying $2b or not, might be based on discussions about e.g. BOM having adjusted the whole runs per country to the recently dropped ERs and not only for the days-in-time the ERs did actually drop?

I'd assume BOM gets their Int'l numbers from Rentrak and studio reporting.

5 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Well, it's at 879 now, coming off a 14 mill weekend.  45 million more gives it 925.  I think that's doable.  I'd love to see it get to 950 but I just don't see how it does.

Big re-expansion, back into Imaxs. Added around 11-12m to JW's total. 

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

I'd assume BOM gets their Int'l numbers from Rentrak and studio reporting.

Rentrak's per country details differed from ??? whoever else posted those today. China's split was something around $2m difference.

In the bigger run might also be as we get at first estimates at Sunday and at Thursday the weekend actuals for OS, ppl might have differnet charts in use.

At UK thread there is/was a discussion about the differening BOM numbers to their details, I see the same at China, it might be interesting to revisit BOMs details in a few weeks/months. Sometimes I see changes even a year later there, partly based on late arriving details I guess.

THE REVENANT: $104.5M Overseas Total / $223.6M Global Total

170m still seems a safe target for Revenant. I personally am very curious about what increases it will see if it wins a bunch of major Oscars, especially Best Actor. The Leo and Oscar thing is big stuff and much wider known than I imagined. Apparently a reason for its good performance even as far away as South Korea, was the extensive Leo-Oscar talks and speculations on the internet and even in Local media! When (see @terrestrial this is an example where if would be wrong, maybe even a sin :D) he wins the Oscar that will be the big news of the Oscars, of the week maybe even of the month (barring any terrorist attacks or Donald Trump's assassination) and not just in US but globally! Even though it would be quite late into the run, I am still very curious about what impact it will have.

Edited by Infernus

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Big re-expansion, back into Imaxs. Added around 11-12m to JW's total. 

And when do you see it getting IMAX back?

Here is the schedule for 2016....where do you see it getting back into IMAX?

http://www.giantscreencinema.com/films/filmreleaseschedule.aspx

• Like 1