kayumanggi

A DOG'S PURPOSE | 01.27.17 | Universal | current gross ● 64.25 M

45 minutes ago, NoobSaibot said:

Hopefully TMZ ends up like Gawker. Deliberately creating a news story that damages a production's reputation should make them vulnerable to a hefty lawsuit.

I hope so, but I fear that TMZ somehow will get away with it through some maneuvering and legalese...

I finally saw this today, excellent movie. I saw the early show and there were maybe only two dozen people, but I doubt there was a dry eye in the house, myself included.

The part that got me most was..

Spoiler

Where Bailey has to be put down.

I've had pets most of my life and been through that several times and it never gets any easier when the time comes.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, franfar said:

An investigation has found that the A Dog’s Purpose viral video was faked

I want to see the naysayers deny this. This is why you don't jump to conclusions. 

And now the film bombed. Good grief

I MOTHERFUCKING KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK rant off...

I seriuosly hope Universal sue both TMZ and PETA for public difamation and destroy them all.

Edited by Boxx93
  • Like 1

so basically it went exactly anyone who watched the video actually knew it went.  It was completely obvious it was doctored, it may have well been this from the Simpsons

and for those that say, oh if it's wrong, it will just be corrected, obviously not.  Plus I don't see anyone who condemned this movie after the fake report come back and say anything so it's proof that all it takes is fake, bad publicity and it's all over for things. 

sadly, this isn't the first and won't be the last time.  Part of the problem with not having real news outlets any more and everything being 24 hour coverage so people have to make up stuff to fill up the time and to try to get things out first without verifying anything.  But that's for a different thread ;) 

• Like 5

^^ The problem with fake news is that it's much easier to dupe people than it is to convince them they've been duped.

Once a person makes a rush judgement and buys into something, it would take a lot to change their minds, even if the initial judgement was based on disproven data.

I saw people who read this report and still argued the dog was tossed in the water, even though THAT WAS NEVER SHOWN.

It's really frustrating, especially now when there's so much false information floating around.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

^^ The problem with fake news is that it's much easier to dupe people than it is to convince them they've been duped.

Once a person makes a rush judgement and buys into something, it would take a lot to change their minds, even if the initial judgement was based on disproven data.

I saw people who read this report and still argued the dog was tossed in the water, even though THAT WAS NEVER SHOWN.

It's really frustrating, especially now when there's so much false information floating around.

I 100% agree.

2 hours ago, JennaJ said:

What's sad is that I've seen people call the American Humane Association liars.

It's like they can't accept that they made an incorrect assumption. It takes a special kind of pigheaded person to refuse to admit they were wrong, even when all evidence is put in front of them...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NoobSaibot said:

It's like they can't accept that they made an incorrect assumption. It takes a special kind of pigheaded person to refuse to admit they were wrong, even when all evidence is put in front of them...

The very definition of cognitive dissonance.:P

For the record, I will predict a 50% drop next weekend. Just because

1 hour ago, NoobSaibot said:

People are stubborn, and will use anything that confirms their preconceived notions. It's especially been in problem in the last 10-20 years or so, when the avalanche of information that is the internet allowed people to be selective with their facts. 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2017 at 9:49 AM, JennaJ said:

It's not just that, people rush to gossip about and spread the scandal, but when they see it is fake, they don't make that go viral.  People still think Jennifer Lawrence was picked to play Mulan based on a parody account's tweet.  It was debunked, but that was boring and didn't get plastered all over the internet.

• Like 1