kayumanggi

THE LIGHT BETWEEN OCEANS | 09.02.16 | Disney | final domestic gross: $12,545,979

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

No publicity, no festivals and not even any trade reviews less than 10 days before opening on dead ass LD w/e. 

Either it's not good or the movie's been Weinstein-ed.

Word from screenings was that it's decent.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

No publicity, no festivals and not even any trade reviews less than 10 days before opening on dead ass LD w/e. 

Either it's not good or the movie's been Weinstein-ed.

It's the last movie in the Disney/DW deal. An unceremonious end to a largely unceremonious partnership.

• Like 6

22 hours ago, The Panda said:

Decent likely isn't worth an awards push by Disney though.

Well, if the acclaim is there I suppose.  They certainly didn't date this release like there's much confidence though.  You don't win awards for movies like this by being decent.

Well, OK, there was that Tom Hnaks Bullock movie.  Ok, there were others too.  But they opened in December.

• Like 1

So is this the movie that got Fassbender and Vikander together in real life? 

Trailer make it look decent to me, not particularly interesting tbh. But it has Weisz, so if reviews are good enough, I think I'll check it out. 

1 minute ago, Sam said:

So is this the movie that got Fassbender and Vikander together in real life? 

Trailer make it look decent to me, not particularly interesting tbh. But it has Weisz, so if reviews are good enough, I think I'll check it out. 

Yes.

The Swedish Girl tamed the Snake.

The premiere is at Venice on Thursday. I'm going. The reviews on Twitter have been excellent. Fassbende right, Vikander and Cianfrance have done a number of interviews, see LA times, Entertainment weekly. There is social media coverage but considering the very good word of mouth from preview screenings, the release strategy and general publicity seems dire. This is a best selling book, a tearjerker of epic proportions with, apparently, 3 

powerhouse performances and the studio is doing next to nothing for it. Strange.