WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

20 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Well that's because Bryan Singer's X-Men INO fucking suck monkey balls. This is the FIRST film based in the X-Men universe that actually reached the potential that these characters have. Now imagine if people with actual care about the X-Men were in charge. We could be talking about Star Wars numbers, not the poor ugly cousin of the cooler Marvel Cinematic Universe. My wildest dream is to see Apocalypse getting literally scrapped and Fox announcing that Bryan Singer and Simon Kinberg will never touch X-Men's universe ever again. The X-Men universe deserves much more than what they are getting, it's ironic how Deadpool from all the franchises is the one that could finally open their eyes to that.

Gambit, Josh Boone's New Mutants and X-Force need to be successes too, or at least 2 of those 3 need to, for them to bid Singer farewell.

Think the X-Verse may be stuck with Kinberg though. He is too influential at Fox.

19 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Well that's because Bryan Singer's X-Men INO fucking suck monkey balls. This is the FIRST film based in the X-Men universe that actually reached the potential that these characters have. Now imagine if people with actual care about the X-Men were in charge. We could be talking about Star Wars numbers, not the poor ugly cousin of the cooler Marvel Cinematic Universe. My wildest dream is to see Apocalypse getting literally scrapped and Fox announcing that Bryan Singer and Simon Kinberg will never touch X-Men's universe ever again. The X-Men universe deserves much more than what they are getting, it's ironic how Deadpool from all the franchises is the one that could finally open their eyes to that.

Neither Singer or Kinberg had anything to do with Origins. What's more, Deadpool would not have been greenlit if DOFP hadn't brought critical and public praise back to the franchise.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TommyA10 said:

No X-men movie made even remotely close to even the lowest grossing Star Wars movie. AOTC made around $1 billion adjusted ww. (without China)

I'm obviously aware of that. What I'm saying is that we haven't seen what the X-Men can do yet. Deadpool is just the tip of the iceberg. Done right, done with people with actual understanding of who these characters are and with a plan to make them get big, they are a force that could easily rival either the Justice League and the Avengers. That's why I've said that they could rival Star Wars. I don't care about whatever bullshit Singer has to tell about the X-Men in the 80s. I want to know about the X-Men that live now in the same universe that Deadpool lives. I want a reboot just like Deadpool is a reboot of the abomination that was Origins. I want to see the X-Men with with a bigger scope, just like I felt with Colossus and Negasonic in Deadpool. It literally felt like the first time I've seen the X-Men in the big screen, and I'm a huge fan of Hugh, but their time have come and gone. It's time to embrace the X-Men universe that exists in the same time and place that Deadpool operates.

9 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I remember some saying Zoolander 2 would outgross Deadpool

I remember people saying Ryan Reynolds was a hated actor that would turn people off this movie

I remember people saying it looked too "juvenile" to succeed. As if most comedies are not juvenile

You can't blame people that didn't trust Reynolds after three comic based movies and numerous other films that didn't worked.

He was given more chances than most of the actors. Some people flop with original movies and don't get a second chance...

I am very happy for him, but this unexpected...he worked hard and this is the role of his life (it's obvious)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, a2knet said:

I will be more conservative than the rest and give a different take :lol:

12.7 + 20.3 + 24.5 + 26.5 (+ 9.75) = 84m (93.75m)

That would be an incredibly high % of Preview to Opening day - higher than the summer Marvel comps. Not saying your range isn't reasonable, just that it's unlikely - but then again this did set a record for the season / rating / etc.

• Like 1

I didn't see this shit happening: R-rating, lesser known character to non-comic folks like me, being a February Fox release. Credit to the best marketing campaign in a long time. I only hope those who were predicting big numbers aren't total dickheads all weekend. No one wants to read the obnoxious, "I SAW IT COMING! I SAW IT COMING! I'M SO HAPPY I'M GONNA BLOW MYSELF!"s. 

Edited by RichWS
  • Like 5

I get the feeling Reynolds will follow the Hugh Jackman route now, sure he'll be in other films, but he'll overwhelmingly be associated with Deadpool and will play the character for years. It's clear he loves the role This is a great result for the film and I expect very soon we'll hear confirmation of a sequel and maybe an X-Force movie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, druv10 said:

Lol, People thought SH genre was dying. This once again proves, if you make quality movie and great marketing people will come.

Add in unique concept to the SH genre as well. The marketing for this pretty much played it off as an R rated parody of all SH movie tropes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hermia said:

You can't blame people that didn't trust Reynolds after three comic based movies and numerous other films that didn't worked.

He was given more chances than most of the actors. Some people flop with original movies and don't get a second chance...

I am very happy for him, but this unexpected...he worked hard and this is the role of his life (it's obvious)

Im not necessarily  happy for Reynolds. It's whatever. He's been given loads of opportunities even after numerous flops, so he was bound to get lucky eventually. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Gambit, Josh Boone's New Mutants and X-Force need to be successes too, or at least 2 of those 3 need to, for them to bid Singer farewell.

Think the X-Verse may be stuck with Kinberg though. He is too influential at Fox.

I think all it'll take is Apocalypse have the half-assed run that it's destined to have. They'll realize that they are losing money and will just go ahead telling the stories of the X-Men in the present day, making X-Men a PG-13 endeavor under a new direction and during the present day, Deadpool under Tim Miller and maybe X-Force in the future. The future of the X-Men can be bright if Fox wake the fuck up. 

• Like 1