WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

2 minutes ago, Impact said:

I have the history of monthly record threads...somewhere!

Deadpool: O/U 300M? (Imagine someone saying this a few months ago-you be considered crazy!)

By trends for P-Day, the 4-day weekend probably will account for about 40-50% of the total. So it probably has a shot, but it's not guaranteed.

10 minutes ago, Impact said:

I have the history of monthly record threads...somewhere!

Deadpool: O/U 300M? (Imagine someone saying this a few months ago-you be considered crazy!)

You mean this?

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

Poor Zoolander 2-then again it was kind of expected. The original was a cult hit, this came out way too late. (Zoolander was not even liked that much when it came out, I remember that it was around 30% or 40% for a while)

33 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

I think it's very possible too, I just can't say it's a lock until that first trailer arrives.

RO will cruise past 100m OW with relative ease. Darth Vaders presence alone guarantees it. 

140-160m, maybe more. 

As for Deadpool,  LOVED IT!! 

I was more entertained by it than any of the X-Men movies. 

• Like 1

Risen is the only film out of the openers next week I've seen anything for. (Okay I've seen posters for the other 2 films if that counts!) Someone did say the Witch looks like a remake of a really unknown 1980s film called Eyes of Fire though!

• Like 1

Atm the WW R-rated record is The Matrix Reloaded w/somewhere above $720M iirc. I think that, given how the movie's blowing up OS, Deadpool could potentially bust that record. We're looking at a potential WW OW of about $250M, and with pretty much no competition for the whole of February, chances are it could do it. It does suffer from no China boost, but still.

Did anyone else get that really short trailer for Eddie the Eagle that only served to show-off Matthew Vaughn's involvement (by showing clips from First Class and Kingsman because Hugh Jackman cameoed in the former and Taron Egerton starred in the latter)? LOL WTF. Know your audience, I guess.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

Top R rated films WW:

1. The Matrix 2: 742.1M

2. The Passion: 611.9M

3. Fifty Shades: 571M

4. Ted: 549.4M

5. American Sniper: 547.4M

I have to say Ted is the biggest surprise there-comedies tend to not do that well overseas more often then not that did well in the US.

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Did anyone else get that really short trailer for Eddie the Eagle that only served to show-off Matthew Vaughn's involvement (by showing clips from First Class and Kingsman because Hugh Jackman cameoed in the former and Taron Egerton starred in the latter)? LOL WTF. Know your audience, I guess.

:rofl:

Seriously excited for the movie though

I though MJ2 was fantastic-it was not as good as Catching Fire, but I liked it a lot more then MJ1. (Which I didn't like how it just ended on a cliffhanger, yeah that was expected, but I just didn't think it was as good)

2 minutes ago, Impact said:

Top R rated films WW:

1. The Matrix 2: 742.1M

2. The Passion: 611.9M

3. Fifty Shades: 571M

4. Ted: 549.4M

5. American Sniper: 547.4M

I have to say Ted is the biggest surprise there-comedies tend to not do that well overseas more often then not that did well in the US.

Hangover 2: 586m

5 minutes ago, Noctis said:

I cannot be accepting of MJ2's box office performance. Everyone here knows I gave MJ1 a C grade. But MJ2 is far superior. I just hoped that audiences were more aware of that fact. 

Cannot be accepting of the reality that it underperformed but was still a financial success? Makes no sense, the same with the "not deserve" argument. Movies deserve what they gross, that's the free market at its best.