GiantCALBears

Weekend Thread (actuals)- Deadpool $56.47m, KFP3 $12.52m, Risen $11.8m, Witch $8.8m, HTBS $8.2m, Race $7.35m (pg 36)

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

So it begins: A Deadpool vs Gambit miniseries will be out this summer http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/02/19/deadpool-vs-gambit-series-announced

DC announced a Harley Quinn/Suicide Squad comic for release this summer yesterday. And a paperback of all of Batman and Supermans famous fights was released last month. Movies dictate comics now.

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

I'm not seeing how Gambit will be anywhere as successful as Wolverine, let alone Deadpool.

Gambit can't even carry a comic book for long.

Yeah. The only way Its gonna be much of a success unless it is really well received (defs possible with Liman at the head) and has a modest budgets

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

People are coming back to their senses.

The fad is over.

Enjoy the memories.

Deadpool breaking out, those were the days.

A sub-50% drop after a holiday weekend is extremely rare for any superhero movie. So this would be a normal drop.

And you'll have to wait until after Deadpool 4 and X-Force 3 before the "fad" is over. :lol:

• Like 1

Yeah I imagine Deadpool is quickly gonna come back down to Earth. Such is always the case with a comic book movie, especially one with limited appeal (thanks to the R rating) like this has.

Of course it's still making otherworldly numbers compared to expectations before it opened.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Deadpool's 2nd weekend drop shouldn't be too bad since it is NOT a sequel.

Guardians of the Galaxy: -55.3%

Man of Steel: --64.6%*

Fantastic Four: -59.4%

I don't know what you are considering "bad" but a drop like Guardians would give it 59M weekend; Man of Steel's would be 47M. 

Not being PG-13 may weaken the 2nd weekend. 

The drop here was surprising. Even considering that it is the holidays right now, I didn't expect it to be performing like this, thought it would do a bit better. I would say 55-60M.