WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 25): Zootopia 73.7M | London Has Fallen 21.71M | Deadpool 16.4M | WTF 7.6M

7 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Lego had a 69m ow and a 31.3m 3rd weekend.

ZOOTP, with a 75m ow can do 35m in 3rd weekend IMO.

I don't have much of a clue about Allegiant but looking at the 1st two films, would bet on a 35-45m OW.

Allegiant won't make more than $30m in the OW, let's hope that Zoo can beat this shit!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, No Prisoners said:

I read that Greece is so bad economically some girls will have sex for a just cheese sandwich. That's gotta keep the girlfriend sharp. Oh, you have a headache again honey? I'll go to the store and get some cheese, umm, I mean aspirin..

Oh, headache is gone now? Hmm. :ph34r:

One person mentions masterbation in a movie theater and we wound up in Greece with Velveeta hookers.

See what Rth has done. No numbers and it gets cheesy.

I need to visit Greece 

:jeb!:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, cookie said:

Thing about Lego was that it had an extremely good second weekend hold because it was President Day and Valentine's fell on that Friday, which then allowed it to do $30m+ on it's third week.

Zootopia's drops would have to average about 30% to keep it above $35m.

LEGO didn't have a holiday weekend its 3rd week.

I can see Zootopia doing this... especially with no offerings for kids during the relatively continuous Spring Break period of March to early April.

$76 million

$54 million ($171 million) 

$36 million ($240 million)

• Like 2

Just now, Jayhawk said:

Dead weekend thread for a animated Disney film making 70m+.

Was just about to say the same thing. Especially one as well liked as Zootopia seems to be.

When the big film doesn't involve superheroes, things get a lot quieter

36 minutes ago, mahnamahna said:

LEGO didn't have a holiday weekend its 3rd week.

Thing about Lego was that it had an extremely good second weekend hold because it was President Day and Valentine's fell on that Friday, which then allowed it to do $30m+ on it's third week.

Edited by cookie

13 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

When the big film doesn't involve superheroes, things get a lot quieter

For some reason, numbers for non-princess WDAS films don't generate a lot of discussion, even if they are overperforming. BH6 probably had the stealthiest Yearly Top 10 run of all time.

Just now, RichWS said:

Creatively or financially?

Well, when people get excited about numbers around here there's usually an emotional connection to the film itself. If you don't care about Zootopia the film, you're probably not going to care if it does well at the box office.

3 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Most of the hype was around Interstellar.

I think there's a not insignificant number of posters here who don't take animation seriously, too

;_;

One of the worst weekends my life

12 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Most of the hype was around Interstellar.

I think there's a not insignificant number of posters here who don't take animation seriously, too

Thats shame because animated films are usually better than life action.