Mockingjay Raphael

WEEKEND THREAD | B.O numbers Page 28: Final Divergent movie opens at $29m, Zoo: $38m

2 hours ago, picores said:

Wow...a hater? A life hater? I'm glad you love the uncontested Jennifer Queen at least. Your post is pure garbage btw. Congratulations.

Life hater,  that's a new one!  

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Shaileen is a terrific actress

shes strikingly beautiful

shes 24 years old

I think her career will be just fine.

Absolutely. Like her co-star Miles Teller, perhaps she should just away from big budget stuff and focus more on dramas/comedies for now on.

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Allegiant won't even do similar numbers to Scorch Trials. Brutal drop. Next week it will tank 65%. Great decision Lionsgate.

What's even greater than that decision: moving the fourth film to summer 2017.

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

What's even greater than that decision: moving the fourth film to summer 2017.

There will be no fourth film so it doesn't matter.

1 hour ago, narniadis said:

I enjoy being wrong when it's to the positive..... so color me very pleased if Zoo manages to go over 10m

I was wondering why they had an estimate for Friday at noon eastern time. Evening shows hadn't even happened yet!

We all know that Zootopia has beat expectations and estimates multiple times. Maybe some of the audience that would have gone to Allegiant were dissuaded by bad word of mouth and went to Zootopia instead. Hell, looking on Fandango, Zootopia is filling up in lots of theaters.

Of course, this fantasy is unnecessary, because Zootopia has already done wonderfully as it is.

6 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

A terrible way to end the series. lol

From what I've gathered, this ends with a conclusion that would be fine if it were the last one. That's the way I felt by the end of the second movie last year where I was left wondering "how are there are two more of these left?" Especially when the primary villain (Kate Winslet) has already been defeated.

Which is the exact problem with the Divergent movies. The first movie was okay but nothing great, but at least provided some entertainment. It wasn't quite a one-and-done but close to one, and the next one was a convoluted mess that made no sense for the most part, but still ended in a way that made sense. I've never read the books so I don't how faithful they have been, but the movie franchise has been turning itself into a pretzel trying to justify continuing on when it feels like it could've ended three times already.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1