Olive

Presales Tracking Thread(Maoyan, Taopiaopiao etc)

13 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

So, pretty much all the movie has left is WoM. Doubt it's going to be good enough to help the movie tbh. Outside of Aquaman, every other recent DC release had mediocre to negative WoM.

Even WoM can't help much. Piracy comes one week after its opening.

11 minutes ago, meridan said:

A lot of the data that gets posted here makes no sense to me. What does WW84 look like it's going to do opening weekend? How bad is it?

giphy.gif

Caveat, uncertainty, etc

right now PS seem like an opening in the $30Ms

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Gotta repeat myself. @Gavin Feng overall pre-sales don't matter much, if not at all.

OD is only one which matters after that its WoM.

Well presalles matter as a way to better estimate OD, OD is used to better predicts OW, OW is used to better predict the next week etc..

So in the end the only thing that matters is the total, cause it's the only thing that for the most part is final (excluding potential rereleases).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Well presalles matter as a way to better estimate OD, OD is used to better predicts OW, OW is used to better predict the next week etc..

So in the end the only thing that matters is the total, cause it's the only thing that for the most part is final (excluding potential rereleases).

Yep. 

That's exactly what I said. 

And what you said is absolutely true.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, pepsa said:

Total is good because it lets you predict 2nd week, OW, and OD with very high precision ;) 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Possible but Gavin said its only previews on Thursday, so not sure.

I meant the cume after the first full 24 hr day. Not sure what will be considered official “OD” if it’s 6 hrs and then 24.

36 minutes ago, Mau said:

So opening over/under 25M USD? 

ATM I’m personally thinking 24-32 or so. Gavin seems more bullish though.

12 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

The original did $37.7m.

Is local competition to blame? Or are they just waiting to pirate it?

Wait to pirate could be a factor, hard to tell since the situation is pretty unorecendented. Local competition is perhaps a small factor, but The Rescue doesn’t look huge from (nonfaked) PS — plenty of room for WW to open at 80M or something with Rescue at the size it is if hype was there.     

Overall, what I’d say is just this: it is not uncommon for sequels to open less and finish less than their predecessors, in this or any other market, especially if that predecessor had average reception in the market. Assumptions that it would grow because of market growth were a bit off because HW really hasn't grown that much here since 2017, which was already the tail end of the explosive expansion. And assumptions it would grow because it’s a CBM sequel and those buck usual sequel trends were a bit off because it’s the first DCEU sequel, and that trend is observed only for MCU sequels so far, likely owing to the success of their teamup events.

Edited by WandaLegion