CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

James, I don't want to be that guy to be a downer. I liked the movie, knowing it isn't good. 

Im all up for it to make 200M this weekend, but I think the reviews killed the buzz on this forum so no one will be willing to agree with you at the moment.

• Like 8

People are acting here like the general audience always agrees with movie critics in its consensus review for movies.

Like that “always” happens…lol

Go see the movie and judge for yourself.

I’ve seen movies that I absolutely loved and was entertained and told family and friends to go see it (average RT score? Like 30%)

I’ve seen movies that I absolutely hated and was disgusted and told family and friends don’t even go near theater for that garbage (average RT score? Like 90%)

I know I am not the only one.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, VGPOP said:

People are acting here like the general audience always agrees with movie critics in its consensus review for movies.

I’ve seen movies that I absolutely loved and was entertained and told family and friends to go see it (average RT score? Like 30%)

I’ve seen movies that I absolutely hated and was disgusted and told family and friends don’t even go near theater for that garbage (average RT score? Like 90%)

When it comes to Super Hero and comic book movies critics and the general audience are typically on the same page. Maybe slightly differing opinions but it's never been polar opposites. When was the last time a comic book movie had 40% on RT and a 46 meta score and was loved by the general audience? And it's not just critics...even fan boys have been mixed with the film and they're supposed to love it. Let's stop kidding ourselves when the writing is on the wall. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, #ED said:

James, I don't want to be that guy to be a downer. I liked the movie, knowing it isn't good. 

Im all up for it to make 200M this weekend, but I think the reviews killed the buzz on this forum so no one will be willing to agree with you at the moment.

I know. And I just don't get it. This is a box office forum. And people here should actually remember that big blockbusters with massive fanbases such as this are basically bullet proof when it comes to reviews. It just makes me even more excited for Friday to come and shut some people up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VGPOP said:

I agree with you. POTC2 is rated 54% and it's one my favorite movies. AOU is fresh at 75% and I thought it sucked (and I rate TA highly; A-).

But sadly RT affects buzz and many will make up their minds before watching the movie.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nova said:

Oh boy. If it's starting in the mid-80s and it hasn't even been out, things will only get worse. It's all down hill from here folks. 

That's not that bad. Man of Steel is around 76% from about 440k.

5 minutes ago, a2knet said:

I agree with you. POTC2 is rated 54% and it's one my favorite movies. AOU is fresh at 75% and I thought it sucked (and I rate TA highly; A-).

But sadly RT affects buzz and many will make up their minds before watching the movie.

SO true! I wanted to avoid reviews because of this, now, I'm going to watch the masterpiece already thinking that it is a bad movie, even knowing that it must be so good as MOS

10 minutes ago, Nova said:

When it comes to Super Hero and comic book movies critics and the general audience are typically on the same page. Maybe slightly differing opinions but it's never been polar opposites. When was the last time a comic book movie had 40% on RT and a 46 meta score and was loved by the general audience? And it's not just critics...even fan boys have been mixed with the film and they're supposed to love it. Let's stop kidding ourselves when the writing is on the wall.

Movie will open big regardless. We will see how this affect its WOM.

Let's see what general audience think after first weekend.

4 minutes ago, water said:

omg i wonder if bvs could have worse drops than TDKR, and that had a shooting tragedy...

Wtf? TDKR had pretty good legs. The shooting tragedy affected the OW but legs were fine. 

• Like 1

I can't believe the reaction you guys are having to the reviews.  This is a movie that will be driven by the loonies, not the critics.  Why don't you wait to see what the general population thinks of it first.

Wow, you guys are seriously over reacting.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Wtf? TDKR had pretty good legs. The shooting tragedy affected the OW but legs were fine. 

I'm talking specifically about OW.. in the OW thread. shocking

Edited by water