CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

200M is possible, and wouldn't be shocking.... before the poor overall reception dropped down. Now, audiences could still adore it THAT much (Jurassic World wasn't exactly a critic darling, and it ran over everything in its way - although it did have something which BVS apparently does not, and that's constant entertainment, which was much more favorable for its WOM), but at this point, I don't see it. I'm not lowering my 178.5 prediction, but I doubt it'll enter the 200 Club. The only movie this year with that potential is Rogue One, and it's w/skepticism behind it.

3 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

BvS opened fairly well in France with the first showings at 2PM. Big weekend ahead. 

Opening Day will be fine. So will the previews. It's Saturday and Sunday that people are going to be looking at. 

I still feel $175m is the floor. I was thinking $200m but the hype has been dulled a bit.

However, people are still going to see rush out and see it this weekend.

It would probably have blown up higher if it had gotten a better critical reception.

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

r.i.p anyone who decides to start reading the whole thread on sunday morning.

Sounds like one hell of an adventure. This thing will probably have 100 pages by the time we get preview numbers on Friday.

15 minutes ago, #ED said:

For 200M to happen, it would need at least 95M+ Friday. I don't see it. Sorry.

OW was expected to be roughly 2X of Friday.

So 200M required a ~100M OD.

i.e ~35M in previews and very good WOM giving 35 + 65 + 58.5 (-10% / -41%) + 42 (-28%) = 201M.

Assuming bad WOM, 200M looks out of question.

32 + 58 + 51 (-12% / -43.5%) + 36 (-29.5%) = 177M, maybe 180M.

If WOM is mixed and not utterly bad, ~185M could also happen.

Edited by a2knet

Just now, The Panda Knight said:

1.The movie isn't out yet

2.Starting at 86% means it'll finish much lower.

3.Flixter's audience score isn't very predicative

It actually is. Some countries, mine included, had shows today.