CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

3 minutes ago, #ED said:

We are under estimating the box office power of...

BATMAN.

The last taste of Batman audiences had was of the Nolan variety.

Comparisons could be jarring.

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

The movie doesn't work on a pretty fundamental level.

The audiences will notice it, trust me.

Bad reviews don't come out of a vacuum and even superhero movie sites and geeks sites are very disappointed with the movie, you know people who actually care about these worlds and characters.

I say this as one of the biggest Zack Snyder's fan on this board, I watched Man of Steel on Blu ray to hype me up, a movie that I still love to bits.

Maybe I am wrong but I don't think so unfortunately ...

I am beginning to wonder if Nolan as a producer on MOS did not save Synder from some of his bad habits;and without Nolan around Synder indulged his bad habits and a mess of a film has resulted.

I have never cared for Synder very much...the ultimate style over substance director..and was surprised that MOS turned out to be pretty good. Now I am wondering,from the reviews of BVS, if Nolan was not what saved MOS.

7 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

The movie doesn't work on a pretty fundamental level.

The audiences will notice it, trust me.

Bad reviews don't come out of a vacuum and even superhero movie sites and geeks sites are very disappointed with the movie, you know people who actually care about these worlds and characters.

I say this as one of the biggest Zack Snyder's fan on this board, I watched Man of Steel on Blu ray to hype me up, a movie that I still love to bits.

Maybe I am wrong but I don't think so unfortunately ...

Considering the audience for this will skew heavily young, I think the bad aspects are nothing the Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman 'dope' combo can't fix. But then again, I haven't seen the movie yet. Still, I can't imagine it being this awfully bad. For me, to warrant such reactions it would have to have no plot at all, horrible acting, horrible CGI and so on.

11 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Who gave the 'a lot' of C scores? I'm curious.

All the guys at Collider and IGN plus Chris Stuckmann...I can dig in the Batman v Supernan RT watch thread for you if you want more names but you're going to have to give me sometime to collect the rest of the names. 

6 minutes ago, Nova said:

All the guys at Collider and IGN plus Chris Stuckmann...I can dig in the Batman v Supernan RT watch thread for you if you want more names but you're going to have to give me sometime to collect the rest of the names. 

All the guys at Collider? Three of them gave it a 7.0, 7.5, and 7.5. Is that a C? Every time I see a C grade I always think it's like 5 / 10 lol.

Edited by kayumanggi

3 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Wonder how many pages of this it's gonna take for Tele's real-life self to look like his avatar. Unless he already does

My real-life self looks like the exploding head dude, which I almost used until what little sanity I still have took control.

• Like 2

The details on our special Spring Sale have been finalized! (info has also been added to the first post)

We are offering a SPECIAL SPRING SALE this weekend. Here are the details

• 50% off the monthly Gold Account (instead of $15 it will be $7.50) OR
  • 3 months free for a yearly subscription to a Premium Account (instead of $110 it will be $80)

The sale starts this Friday, March 25. You can call it "Gold vs Premium: Dawn of Theory". :ph34r:

• Like 5

• Community Manager

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

What's funny is people reacting like this is so shocking. Like, after the divisive reception Man of Steel had, they should've known to keep their expectations in check. But people never learn so...

What expectations?  There's nothing to go on right now.  These are critics.  They are not the ones invested into this universe the way the fans are.  Batman has a massive following and if the film is anything near as good as what I have been reading from FANS then this is going to be an awesome movie.  I can't believe you guys really think critics are going to mean anything to this film, especially opening weekend.  I don't get you guys.

A lot of critics are as invested as fans. They became critics because they were fans especially in the Internet age.

Anyways, I remember making a bet with grim months ago. I'm going to lose it i think but that's because the OW is going to be bigger than I thought. But I thought the total had a ceiling not because of the property but because I predicted Batman vs. Superman was going to be, like other Snyder movies, hate it or love it. I still think that's true although to be honest....outside of the RT score, I haven't read that many reactions.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

A lot of critics are as invested as fans. They became critics because they were fans especially in the Internet age.

Anyways, I remember making a bet with grim months ago. I'm going to lose it i think but that's because the OW is going to be bigger than I thought. But I thought the total had a ceiling not because of the property but because I predicted Batman vs. Superman was going to be, like other Snyder movies, hate it or love it. I still think that's true although to be honest....outside of the RT score, I haven't read that many reactions.

There are some good reviews in IMDB. 

• Like 1

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, Water Bottle said: A lot of critics are as invested as fans. They became critics because they were fans especially in the Internet age.

There are some good reviews in IMDB. 

If there is a major blockbuster without good reviews on IMDB then something seriously went wrong.

• Like 2