CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

4 minutes ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

Apparently, Yahoo just interviewed the cast and asked everyone about the bad reviews.

Affleck's actual reaction:

CeU_TvFUMAEFq_2.jpg

"By playing a superhero in Daredevil, I have inoculated myself from ever playing another superhero. Wearing a costume was a source of humiliation for me and something I wouldn't want to do again soon."

• Like 3

Just now, grey ghost said:

It's Daredevil all over again.

The man cannot win when it comes to CBMs.

He seems to be the only thing widely praised of the movie. Give me a Batman movie with him and directed by him.

Having said this, those images are amazing. I am dying lmao.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

"By playing a superhero in Daredevil, I have inoculated myself from ever playing another superhero. Wearing a costume was a source of humiliation for me and something I wouldn't want to do again soon."

BenAffleck-Daredevil.jpg

• Like 3

I do not know why people think WOM can affect a film but reviews can not. This day and age is so easy to hear generally how the film is received. And if your friend tells that film is not good it will effect your weather he has seen the film or heard from a critic the friend trusts. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, excel1 said:

I feel for Affleck. This is not what he signed up for.

Wasn't he (and probably Chris Terrio too) only roped into this just so he could keep the relationship WB relationship strong and did this as a "favor" movie that's now becoming extinct in Hollywood?

By the Sea and Our Brand Is Crisis are rumored to have killed those kind of deals though.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/will-by-sea-kill-hollywood-842647

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Wasn't he (and probably Chris Terrio too) only roped into this just so he could keep the relationship WB relationship strong and did this as a "favor" movie that's now becoming extinct in Hollywood?

By the Sea and Our Brand Is Crisis are rumored to have killed those kind of deals though.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/will-by-sea-kill-hollywood-842647

Some people say that, yes. It is probably true. I hope we get another Affleck directed movie soon. And I am talking about the Batman movie. I want that as well. But I want Argo/The Town Ben back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Some people say that, yes. It is probably true. I hope we get another Affleck directed movie soon. And I am talking about the Batman movie. I want that as well. But I want Argo/The Town Ben back.

He's making his next film (Live by Night) right now with WB. Opens October 20 next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M37 said:

If you consider Mockingjay part 2 a major blockbuster (anything north of $100 mil would be to me), then that one was way over-projected.   The OW total kept getting smaller throughout the week of release.    

ULTRON was over-predicted as well.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, excel1 said:

That would be extremely low, actually, given that presales are well ahead of Ultron and TDKR, they're starting at 6, and many have tomorrow off so it is much more akin to a Friday night than a Thursday.

$40 million is my number.

I completely agree, although my number's more like 30-32m.

• Like 2