CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Can't wait for your review of BvS explaining to the world how the movie is a misunderstood masterpiece.

Mu pop corn is ready.

You are crazy? People can't like the movie???

I loved the movie AND dropped my prediction/expect worse legs. Both things can co-exist.

• Like 2

Hey guys. Early numbers from down under:

(Australia)

BVS opening day = 3.4m. 

About the same as FF7's OD from last year. BVS isn't expected to match F7's OW Easter record of 14.6m though.  

Using this as a base. I think an OD of about 65m to 70m seems about right. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, #ED said:

It was uploaded  2 hours ago.

iJack, do me a favor and quit being repetitive in this thread. You want the movie to fail and wish the DC universe dies.

We don't need you posting it on every page looking for a different response every time.

WE GET IT.

I don't want the DC Universe to die. If I wanted the DC Universe I'd flat out say it. And I'm not looking for a different response, I'm in my day off, tomorrow is a holiday around here and you are having a meltdown, I'm just discussing this thing as much as people like @redfirebird2008, and you're singling me out because you don't see me as a DC fan, but I am. 

I want and NEED the DC Universe to work. After TASM2 I've learned that bad things happen for a reason, and unlike TASM2, the DCCU doesn't need a hard or soft reboot. I just thought that your comment on this thing going viral was greatly exaggerated, no need to get all defensive about it and attack me with no good reason.

Tell ya what guys. You want to be dicks, il be a bigger one, some of you could take the weekend off from here. It's one thing to have box office comparisons, it's another to continue to rag on the movie YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED. If you find yourself banned, figure out a way to get someone to unbann you. I'm not.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, #ED said:

Tell ya what guys. You want to be dicks, il be a bigger one, some of you could take the weekend off from here. It's one thing to have box office comparisons, it's another to continue to rag on the movie YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED. If you find yourself banned, figure out a way to get someone to unbann you. I'm not.

God ED rises.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, langer said:

:lol: Presales are not showing OW record just yet in my area, but let's see!

We are more than 1 month away. Either way it won't touch SW record.

3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

btw, I'm doing a preliminary sellout count before I head to off to the theater later (I'll post final numbers late tonight)... but walkups look strong. Theaters filling fast, sellouts coming as well.

My local IMAX still has seats available for a 7pm PST showing, wasn't expecting that.

• Like 1

Lordmandeep, I was the first to say that this was mixed to bad film. 

The staff isn't here to protect horrible movies, we're here to control a hostile thread. There's about 4 of you who have constantly ragged on the movie for about 40 pages. It's repetitive and creates hostile discussions that we do not want in this thread. Not to mention the Marvel comments that we have deleted here. There's about 3 other threads dedicated to that nonsense. Go rag on this movie you haven't seen elsewhere. You have gotten your point across. There is no need for a constant reminder.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

What's amazing is I'm pretty sure iJack's like was un-ironic.

And it is, and I've got that Rich's post was ironic. The thing is that this kind of shit happens to good people all the time, and most of the times is for the better. Because of Joel Schumacher, we got Nolan's Batman Begins, Marc Webb is a genuinely great dude, but isn't a right fit for Spider-Man OR superhero films, especially under Arad's and Tolmach's orders. 

I genuinely believe that things changing will be the best that could happen for Warner's and DCCU's future. It might sound dickish, but I see it as pragmatic.

Edited by iJackSparrow

10 minutes ago, JJ-8 said:

Hey guys. Early numbers from down under:

(Australia)

BVS opening day = 3.4m. 

About the same as FF7's OD from last year. BVS isn't expected to match F7's OW Easter record of 14.6m though.  

Using this as a base. I think an OD of about 65m to 70m seems about right. 

Rth said FF7 did 90% of TDKR in Australia and now BvS is at the same level.

FF7 opened to to a similar 90% of TDKR is the US - $147m (v $145m which is 90% of TDKR).  So....

• Like 2