CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

@CJohn Based on your sig I guess you have been watching Interstellar, or at least thinking of the movie

GET A SPECIAL ACCOUNT - Check All The Benefits of Having a Cooper, Silver, Premium or Gold Account - CLICK HERE

Interstellar-012.jpg

I have that signature for months now :lol: 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

It wasn't "a few days", it was "several weeks". That's a huge difference. The tracking just before it opened was 140m+ (Warners), 150m+ (some trades), 160m+ (other trades).

So in other words, it is slightly over-performing, if current numbers hold (along with expected drops).

Dont bother. He doesn't get it and will repeat it multiple times throughout this and other threads. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Well, you are making a determination of OW, legs, final domestic and final WW based on preview numbers, so people doing the opposite are also not off base right now.

I'm using history of poorly received superhero films to understand where this is heading. With a perfect storm, this could truly gross more than JW and TA. But what we have is a film with 30% on RT and user reviews scores dropping by the day. It's a film with negative buzz coming from a film with 'mixed' buzz. It's not far fetched to project bad legs for this, especially looking at how the Internet is reacting to this. I've become kind of good at understanding why a film with positive buzz explodes (Deadpool) and other with negative buzz implodes (TASM2). Deadpool this isn't, and even if it gets to a $350m Dom final which I don't believe it will, with the film opening everywhere today, it'd have to almost triple its OS numbers to cross comfortable $1b. And I'm just not seeing it.

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Even if you were right, this still makes my point. It doesn't matter if it's above or right what was expected, WB is not disappointed.

No it doesn't make your original point at all, you have no idea what WB's expectations were/are... It's all baseless speculation.

3 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Oh yeah, it's already over for us. 

You're at Court St, aren't you?

Lol, still at work at The Met.

Court tomorrow.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Even if you were right, this still makes my point. It doesn't matter if it's above or right what was expected, WB is not disappointed.

Let's dispel once and for all with this fiction that you don't know what you're doing. You know EXACTLY what you're doing. 

From Wednesday, March 23:

Heading into its domestic opening weekend which is now projected at $160 million-plus, Warner Bros.’ Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice is bursting with a social media universe of 727.2M people according to RelishMix, while its TV spots per iSpot.TV are pulling in 1.64 billion impressions.

http://deadline.com/2016/03/batman-v-superman-gal-gadot-social-media-tv-ads-box-office-1201724972/

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

GOOD FRIDAY is a huge movie going day here.

You can expect after Fast 7 and BVS to see a tent pole each year now.

You're right.

Easter 2017-Fast 8

Easter 2018-Ready Player One

Easter 2019- Fast 9

Easter 2020-Nothing yet

13 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Don't compare me to him.

You are both two sides of the same coin making me apathetic on its box office because whether it underperformsor it overperforms one of you will not shut up about it. 

Edited by Empire
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

My post just said Sony wanted 1B for TASM2, which is true. Nothing else. 

True. Is it fair to assume that Warner wants that as well with the supposed $250m budget thing they've just unleashed? Because I think it is. 

2 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

True. Is it fair to assume that Warner wants that as well with the supposed $250m budget thing they've just unleashed? Because I think it is. 

iJack, how many times so many of us have said that below 1B is awful and 1B would make everyone keep their jobs in this thread?

It is beyond obvious 1B is what WB wants.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Empire said:

You are both two sides of the same coin making me apathetic on its box office because whether it underperformance or it overperformans one of you will not shut up about it. 

I'm actually ashamed you saying that. And I don't think it's fair either. I'm just posting here just like I did with TFA and Deadpool, I'm not attacking anyone and I don't post here more than the regulars. With that said, if people will keep attacking me gratuitously, I'll just shut up. I apologise to you and any other that have seen harm on my posts, but I'm not the enemy here. The one to blame is Zack Snyder, not me. 

Have fun, folks.

1 minute ago, Empire said:

You are both two sides of the same coin making me apathetic on its box office because whether it underperformance or it overperformans one of you will not shut up about it. 

You are completely wrong. I have not been repeating myself like he's been doing. And if the movie does well for the weekend I won't start doing that. When preview numbers came in, I didn't start fighting with members who were making lower predictions. I just celebrated and shut up about it. The only thing I said was the movie is playing better than projections, I don't understand why this is such a big deal and why I'm being compared to iJack losing his mind in the thread.

Just now, iJackSparrow said:

I'm actually ashamed you saying that. And I don't think it's fair either. I'm just posting here just like I did with TFA and Deadpool, I'm not attacking anyone and I don't post here more than the regulars. With that said, if people will keep attacking me gratuitously, I'll just shut up. I apologise to you and any other that have seen harm on my posts, but I'm not the enemy here. The one to blame is Zack Snyder, not me. 

Have fun, folks.

Just now, Napoleon said:

You are completely wrong. I have not been repeating myself like he's been doing. And if the movie does well for the weekend I won't start doing that. When preview numbers came in, I didn't start fighting with members who were making lower predictions. I just celebrated and shut up about it. The only thing I said was the movie is playing better than projections, I don't understand why this is such a big deal and why I'm being compared to iJack losing his mind in the thread.

Quoting at the same exact time! I told you guys you were meant for each other!

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, CJohn said:

iJack, how many times so many of us have said that below 1B is awful and 1B would make everyone keep their jobs in this thread?

It is beyond obvious 1B is what WB wants.

He wants you guys to catch his disease of repeating the same thing several times on every page of this thread. Clearly it's starting to work. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1