CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

FF7 was only a week later in the year last year and also on Easter so it's the best comp. Even if the drops are a couple of percent better each day it's not doing over $165m. Looks like the window is $160-165m. 

Once again the Aussie Thursday number suggested over $175m was highly unlikely. 

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

I meant sure some movies are really low but for a major comic book movies heading to below lows 70s is bad

Marvel lamest effort Im2 is at 72%  in comparison. 

INCREDIBLE HULK and DARK WORLD disagree :P 

3 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I just got in from seeing it for the first time, I thought it was pretty epic, 8.5/10. I saw it in 3D Avx, I'm from north of Toronto in Canada. My show was at 8:30 and the show was sold out as was the midnight showing after mine. 

Just for the record, you don't have to tell people at this site that Toronto is in Canada.....unlike 90% of Americans, the Yanks on this site know where Toronto is.  We have a lot of members from Canada and two or three regular contributors who live in the GTA....me being one of them. :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, boomboom234 said:

it would have a 20 million lead with less competition

Actual weekend = Without Previews. 

Well, I don't want to talk you into losing faith, but I think you will be disappointed. IM3 just barely did it with 175m. If BvS did 10m less, it's going to be a very long way to 400m. 

Just now, Poseidon said:

Well, I don't want to talk you into losing faith, but I think you will be disappointed. IM3 just barely did it with 175m. If BvS did 10m less, it's going to be a very long way to 400m. 

IM3 was horrible.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

I meant sure some movies are really low but for a major comic book movies heading to below lows 70s is bad

Marvel lamest effort Im2 is at 72%  in comparison. 

IM2 was a sequel to a movie with 91% Audience score. BvS is a sequel to a movie with 76% Audience and BvS itself got thrashed by critics to the tune of 30%. If it manages to stay above 70% Audience, that would be pretty damn solid considering the situation.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SWXII said:

Sad ben is also #1 on YouTube. :D

It is! Wow, that's crazy how fast that blew up. I knew it had a chance and damn it, if it didn't do it!

*I'm just going to ignore everything else in this thread*...Sad Affleck and Dayman V Nightman makes me happy this movie exists. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Just for the record, you don't have to tell people at this site that Toronto is in Canada.....unlike 90% of Americans, the Yanks on this site know where Toronto is.  We have a lot of members from Canada and two or three regular contributors who live in the GTA....me being one of them. :)

imagepng

:P

2 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

i think the saturday drop is being overestimated as is sunday but for all cases we will see

ComScore PostTrak audience have inched up their thumbs up for the movie from 71% last night to 73% grading it either very good or excellent. Definite recommend rate to friends remains at a solid 60%. Looking at the family responses — it’s pretty damn good. Parents give BvS  a very good/excellent score of 79% while kids under 12 grade it at 87%.  Seventy-nine percent of all parents are spreading good wom to their friends about Snyder’s movie while 75% of all the kids that saw are going to tell their friends immediately to go see it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

INCREDIBLE HULK and DARK WORLD disagree :P 

@Lordmandeep Ignore this post, I thought you were mentioning the RT scores. 

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Assuming these numbers hold, seems like a finish somewhere in the 370-400m range is likely.

I hope WB drags it into the 400M SPECTRE style. Seriously. I want to see this thing having a 2M weekend or some really weird shit like that in early August when Suicide Squad opens :rofl: