CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

First WB movie in history to earn more than 50M on its "true" Friday numbers beating TDK.

Woke up for the estimate, now back to sleep

imagejpeg

The image doesn't work.

7 minutes ago, Joel M said:

Pretty great number! I guess Snyder is gonna keep his job for another day:lol:

Opening day means nothing for a film like this. It's called Batman vs Superman. It could have been 2.5 hours of them taking a dump and it would have opened. He's done. Don't be so short-sighted. 

Edited by La Binoche

1 minute ago, nilephelan said:

Lol.  WB found a magic $2m laying around somewhere to throw into that estimate.  Maybe it is their corporate buyouts.  

I think that was included in the previews lol?

Either way every studio fudges and nobody cares :P

Saturday Magic Numbers:

45M - Expected Frontloaded Drop

50M - Decent yet kinda Expected 

55M - REALLY GOOD, COULD TOP 170M+

60M - 180M+ IS HAPPENING.

I'm going with a anything from 45M - 50M.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, department store basement said:

I was talking about today. Back then MBFGW was obviously way more popular.

I can name about 15 movies from 2001 more talked about than Zoolander today; I can name about 30 more talked about than MBFGW today. Seriously before the trailer for the new one came out the only times I heard MBFGW talked about were from box office fans.

My Big Fat Greek Wedding was a surprise blockbuster that shocked, well, everyone. Zoolander was a cult hit whose sequel arrived 10 years past the point where it could've reached its maximum potential. Again, not a fair comparison.

1 minute ago, #ED said:

Saturday Magic Numbers:

45M - Expected Frontloaded Drop

50M - Decent yet kinda Expected 

55M - REALLY GOOD, COULD TOP 170M+

60M - 180M+ IS HAPPENING.

I'm going with a anything from 45M - 50M.

Yup, thinking 45-50M Saturday as well.

8 minutes ago, Emerald kikyou said:

I cannot believe this has 30% on rotten tomatoes.

That is still only the critics score. Audience score sits at 73% atm. Which imo is decent for a movie that packs so much heat.

So now this is a movie that only the "toughest" can appreciate?

Sent from my Z667T using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

How does he know and what constitutes a "big drop" Does he mean from Thur+Friday then of course it will be big.

Weekend "may" reach $160M+. Is iJack running this guys Twitter feed? 

• Like 2

It will make over 170m on OW, 400M DOM and 1.1B WW (it's OS is looking huge at this point). Patiently waiting for people to say I'm wrong.

But on the list of good news, it looks like this will have one of the biggest OW's ever here (Romania). I don't have daily numbers, but I think Saturday will double Friday. It has double the number of showtimes at least and theaters are cramming shows everywhere for tonight. A lot of sellouts or near-sellouts even in the cities where usually the business is very slow and in Bucharest, where sellouts are rare because there are so many theaters, every show I've checked (at least 50) is close to selling out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Wars said:

is it really that great of a number? were talking batman vs superman here for the first time.. dont you think WB was aiming for something closer to the avengers numbers for this movie?

All things considered, this is the best number the could've hoped for.

• Like 1