CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

Lol I suggest you stop or your going to get the mods angry and star a real civil war 

lol alrighty, then back to BvS: Is She With You? keeps climbing on Itunes in various countries :P

1 minute ago, Sal said:

I don't know about your area, but in this area, most parents seem to scramble a lot on fridays.  Our local grocery stores have been packed with all the people buying last minute supplies for Easter.  I expect Zootopia may do better today, since a lot of parents also seem to like getting the kids out of the house while they do prep work for tomorrow.

We'll considering my area has no theater and only about 500 people total I wouldnt judge based on my area ;) however the historical comps do not change. See home from last year, zoo actually didn't hold as well on Friday as that film did. And dropping today is just part of the Easter weekend flow it has nothing to do with a particular area or not. 

8 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Maybe. F7 was very frontloaded too, though, and fell 59%. Ehhhh..... maybe I'll adjust to 61-62%.

BvS has weak comp, if it drops 60% or slightly higher it still has a shot at 400M domestic. Pretty good result with supposed weak or mixed WOM.

Just now, Biggestgeekever said:

I do think 65% drop is what's happening next week. Combination of huge previews + weak WOM + Good Friday + little competition doesn't matter when the decline is already going over 60%.

I agree with this and I do think there is a good chance The Boss will overtake it for #1 in its third weekend (an opening similar to Identity Thief wouldn't surprise me at this point).

3 minutes ago, VGPOP said:

What is the absolute highest number this movie can make this weekend?

If it behaves like previous years than highest I could see is 175M, most likely it'll finish around 165M+.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, James said:

Ok, I have a question. We have Good Friday and on Sat/Sunday business will be slower because of the Easter. If so, next week, the drops from Friday will be bigger, but Sat and Sun should have better than usual drops right? And seeing how you mentioned F7 was very frontloaded, why would you expect an ever bigger drop? Plus, this doesn't have summer weekdays so it's weekends should be stronger. Is a 55% drop really that out of the question, especially considering the complete lack of competion?

With the size of the previews in comparison to the w/e numbers?  FF7 had 15.8m preview (with o/w 9.3x) and dropped 59.5%.    Even if BvS reaches $170, that's just 6.13x it's preview #.

I can't see that happening unless it's a WOM juggernaut like Avengers, JW and TFA

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Or maybe it will look like something entertaining and not depressing, Bright colors, humor, and heroes that are true to their origins. Fights that don't last an hour. A movie in which you can see a wall and not be certain of whether it will be damaged or not. 

For the sake of preventing a Civil War that will take place in 4 weeks I'll just -_-

1 hour ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

That "Adam Sandler" comedy that happens to be one of his better films?

Lol. Sorry. I mean Sucker Punch. 
But yes, it would be Snyder's best. But as it is, it is PTA's worst. 

7 minutes ago, Ohana said:

lol alrighty, then back to BvS: Is She With You? keeps climbing on Itunes in various countries :P

Really?? I didn't like it at all in the context of the movie. Red Capes is probably the only piece that really stands out to me.

42 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Congrats to SW7, it has surpassed TS3 multiplier and now has passed every 100M openers multiplier except Shrek 2 which was a behemoth itself.

Yeahh, congrats because its a very nice milestone!

But dont forget Shrek 2 opened on a Wednesday, so like this even has more merit what TFA did...

• Like 1