CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

Here's a riddle wrapped in a conundrum: nobody here thinks they're trolling, yet if you polled everyone, all would agree that trolling is rampant in the thread. 

:thinking: 

You definitely wouldn't love politics

Entrance.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VGPOP said:

I'm feeling the same way.

I am looking at considerable sellouts in many areas in the country. Just putting random zip codes.

Yeah. Tons of tweets all day of people saying there are crazy lines. 

It's certainly been that way here in the UK. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TommyA10 said:

Half of HP movies weren't released in the 80s. Either way, a couple more years and that will no longer be the case. :jeb!:

All of this has so much to do with BvS btw:rofl:.:ph34r:

This is the first time I've heard such a ridiculous criticism against Potter. 80s?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

Ugh, hate Potter. I love that the series has attracted to so much loyalty (no matter religion or race) that it disproves your point so hugely.

1 minute ago, Noctis said:

This is the first time I've heard such a ridiculous criticism against Potter. 80s?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

Ugh, hate Potter. I love that the series has attracted to so much loyalty (no matter religion or race) that it disproves your point so hugely.

Potter was never massive Dom it was big but doesn't compare to the truly massive franchises batman TA/IM Star Wars. And honestly over time the only franchises proven to consistently be at the top are batman and Star Wars 

5 minutes ago, Noctis said:

I don't know WTF you're talking about. I was arguing BO performance only. And the fact remains 3 SW movies were released in 70s and 80s which as a result has much lower BO numbers (unadjusted of course) than HP movies which were all released in the past 15 years.

I swore to myself I'd never speak about what happens to me outside these forums. I'll tell you one story....

Me and a bunch of my close friends were at a cafe two months ago, and we saw a guy very curiously sitting alone and staring at us. We were talking about how a Palestinian poet was sentenced to death in Saudi Arabia for drawing a painting that implied how atheists had a much more open mind than the religious people living among us. Guess what I hear?

"Harry Potter...Harry Potter..."

He obviously called me that because of how I had dark hair, and glasses, and light skin. He was from the secret police. I fucking owned him with my responses. I remember my heart was beating, but I owned him to the point he got up and left. I remember one of my female friends called him an "ass". I don't know why I'm telling you this, but I so badly want people here to understand the subtleties of the Arab community. My dad and my mother both believe in Islam deeply, but they completely accept me being atheist. My dad never ever debated me about it, as he says "Islam never forces anyone to believe." Obviously, in technical and literal terms he is wrong, but he's saying this as a secularist. Jesus, I'll probably regret typing this in the morning but whatever....people here need to understand.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Noctis said:

I'm not going to get into a Potter VS Star Wars VS Marvel war.

It's the box-office equivalent of Christianity, Islam, and Judaism going to war against each other. Pointless. 

There's only one Apocalypse that matters. :apocalypse:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Other than the fact Batman probably has a gadget to wipe out Potter while Superman could squish Potter like an insect, I am not sure what Potter has to do with a Batman/Superman movie. 

Snyder Supes is as annoyingly emo as book 5 Potter?

Seriously tho, BvS might overtake HP8 as Warner's biggest opener.

7 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

Potter was never massive Dom it was big but doesn't compare to the truly massive franchises batman TA/IM Star Wars. And honestly over time the only franchises proven to consistently be at the top are batman and Star Wars 

Domestically. In terms of overseas power, Potter destroys them both. 

6 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Other than the fact Batman probably has a gadget to wipe out Potter while Superman could squish Potter like an insect, I am not sure what Potter has to do with a Batman/Superman movie. 

*snort *

Magic is one of Kal El's weaknesses! :redcapes:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kraken said:

Snyder Supes is as annoyingly emo as book 5 Potter?

Seriously tho, BvS might overtake HP8 as Warner's biggest opener.

It probably will real or not Warner will fudge if necessary anyway potter while massive internationally is not a top 5 franchise here 

Just now, boomboom234 said:

I agree but studios care more about domestic and so do us Americans here 

Sure, but studios care more about international revenues the past few years.

Potter was the absolute king of overseas grosses in the first decade (and in terms of post-2010, DH2 has the highest non-China overseas gross). 

13 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I would surprisingly watch that movie

• Like 1