CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

Just now, grey ghost said:

How could the superhero genre have peaked with TA?

Wouldn't have AOU easily outgrossed TA WW with higher quality and a better exchange rate.

Don't forget that Mayeather fight of the century. I think AOU was on track for around 210M if not for all these factors.

1 hour ago, The Stingray said:

WTF?! Had no idea Vader was in Rogue One...

That's probably my most anticipated movie of the year. Edwards (screw you guys, I liked Godzilla), Desplat, Felicity Jones, Donnie "Ip Man" Yen, and fucking Vader!

Vader is just a rumor but damn I would geek out if there was even a hint in the trailer.  Just a single red blade or the breathing...

Could it be too much to ask for something like

LMuKFd.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

How could the superhero genre have peaked with TA?

Wouldn't have AOU easily outgrossed TA WW with higher quality and a better exchange rate.

SWXII theory is that Star Wars will keep going forever and the superhero genre has peaked. It's just not true. If anything, Star Wars episodes are seasonal, with long pauses in between, the superhero genre isn't and there won't be a shortage of them for the foreseeable future.

And I'm calling it: Captain America: Civil War will gross more than The Avengers. And Infinity War will gross more than Civil War.

Every time we get good decent numbers all I'm going to read here Is  bad word of mouthhere or there. Smh let get my ass go the gym. Some of ya too much ?

Edited by Dragon
  • Like 1

Why are people comparing CW to JW?

CW is the 257th entry in the Marvel universe canon — people know if they're going to see these movies or not by now. There's not exactly much room for growth, despite the (very minor) novelty of seeing Spider-Man with them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

6th UPDATE, Sunday AM — Refresh for updatesWarner Bros. will be reporting soon however industry estimates currently have Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice between $166.9M-$168.6M after a $50.8M Saturday that’s down 38% from Friday.

Warner Bros is definitely gonna fudge BvS to $170m to get that record OW title

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wileECoyote said:

Vader is just a rumor but damn I would geek out if there was even a hint in the trailer.  Just a single red blade or the breathing...

Could it be too much to ask for something like

LMuKFd.gif

Is it a rumor?  I thought it was confirmed that James Earl Jones  (the only Vader) was in it.

• Like 1

Just came back from the mall I went to buy my tickets for today, there was a very old man asking for tickets for Batman v Superman.

In the parking lot I heard a kid talking to his mom about Wonder Woman, I didn't understand exactly what he was talking about, but it must related to the movie.

2 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

6th UPDATE, Sunday AM — Refresh for updatesWarner Bros. will be reporting soon however industry estimates currently have Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice between $166.9M-$168.6M after a $50.8M Saturday that’s down 38% from Friday.

My last prediction before the reviews onslaught was $167m. Damn I need to start playing the derby. I'm getting a good handle on this shit. Still wish it did a lot less though.

18 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Rogue One 200 mill OW?

Yea ok lol

Who thinks this?  "Rogue One" isn't going to make "Episodes" numbers.   We've never had a Star Wars Spin off theatrically beside "The Clone Wars" cartoon and that didn't do that hot.   "Rogue One" outside of maybe a possible Vader Cameo will have basically all new characters and no Jedi.   I don't see a massive OW like 200 for it.  Right now anything over 75 will be a success for me personally, we are in unknown terrority with the Star Wars  Spin offs.   As for "Civil War", it's techinally still a Captain America film but they are clearly marketing it as a defacto "Avengers 2.5" or a "infinity War" prequel and it's basically in the "Avengers" Spot this may.   If "Ultron" couldn't do 200 OW than I don't see Civil War doing it.   It does amaze me that people throw around 200 OW like it's something easy to accomplish. 

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 1

Exhibitor Relations ‏@ERCboxoffice  1m1 minute ago
Walt Disney Studios passed $1B internationally this weekend, the fastest its ever reached that threshold.

Exhibitor Relations ‏@ERCboxoffice  3m3 minutes ago
Overseas, ZOOTOPIA cracked open another $42.5M, $450M+ total, and nearly $700M worldwide.

On 3/25/2016 at 8:00 PM, VGPOP said:

After all considerations and the awareness, I'm officially going with $173 million. Not enough to enter top 5 of all time.... :angry:...lol

You can break it down anywhere you like it. By Monday afternoon, this is my actual prediction.

Close enough for me. :D

2 minutes ago, Ent said:

Exhibitor Relations ‏@ERCboxoffice  2m2 minutes ago
Disney's ZOOTOPIA was down just -38% in its 4th weekend, collecting $23.1M, $240M total.

Come on people!  A movie starring an adorable (sorry) Bunny on Easter and you give it it's worse w/e drop?   Shame!

I told you. lol

'Batman v Superman' earns P86.65M on first day

http://news.abs-cbn.com/entertainment/03/27/16/batman-v-superman-earns-p8665m-on-first-day

MANILA – Warner Bros. Pictures’ “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” smashed the Philippine box office during its opening day on Saturday by earning P86.65 million from 598 cinemas nationwide.

Biggest Single Day Gross in cinema history, surpassing last year's “Avengers: Age of Ultron's” P83.2 million (Sunday gross)

Biggest Opening Day All-Time Industry-Wide, ahead of “Avengers: Age of Ultron's” P72.7 million (Wednesday opening)

Biggest Saturday Gross All-Time Industry-Wide, eclipsing “Avengers: Age of Ultron's” PhP81.9 million

Biggest WB Opening Day All-Time, beating “Man of Steel's” PhP69 million (Wednesday - holiday opening)

Biggest Superhero Opening Day, surpassing “Avengers: Age of Ultron's” P72 million

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 4