CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

11 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

Ray Fisher is having fun lol

Ray Fisher and Jason Momoa are just afraid they are gonna lose their 10 year contracts or whatever. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

This weekend has been the most unpleasant this forum has been since I've been a member.

Having said that, great opening for BvS. Sorry the critics put a damper on what should have been a fun weekend here.

I'm a little confused on how this is the critics fault.  They didn't make the movie.

5 minutes ago, TheMovieman said:

God this thread, and frankly entire message board, is so depressing. A movie opens to $170M (or $167M whichever, it's a good number) and it's doom and gloom to some.

Reactions are based on personal expectations.

For a certain segment of moviegoers expectations were  sky high... not just BO wise but BvS was going to be a shinning kickoff to the DCMU.

Another segment of moviegoers were fearful that their universe was being challenged.

Yes 170 is huge and WB will make truck fulls of money but WE don't get that money.

We only have the validation of our predictions and hopes for our favorite franchises.

I am a little confused by all the talk that this has been the worst week on the forums.

AOU weekend was much, much worst.  The highs of the Marvel fans when it looked like AOU was going win 1st, the preview record, and 2nd the OW weekend record and than the glee of the DC fans when it crumbled Saturday night was brutal.

I do feel there are much more DC fans here than Marvel fans so maybe this weekend has been tougher for more of the forum.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

My long range predictions:

170M OW

Opening Week: 53M (223M Total)

Apr 1: 72M (-58%; 22M Weekdays, 317M Total)

Apr 8: 36M (-50%; 10M Weekdays, 363M Total)

Apr 15: 16M (-56%; 4.5M Weekdays, 383.5M Total)

Apr 22: 9M (-44%; 2.5M Weekdays, 395M Total)

Apr 29: 4.3M (-48%; 1M Weekdays, 400.3M Total)

May 6: 1.7M (-60%; 400k Weekdays, 402.4M Total)

I think it's going to be O/U 400M.

It might actually happened. Word of mouth is good and knowing there's success around it might draw in more people.

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

My long range predictions:

170M OW

Opening Week: 53M (223M Total)

Apr 1: 72M (-58%; 22M Weekdays, 317M Total)

Apr 8: 36M (-50%; 10M Weekdays, 363M Total)

Apr 15: 16M (-56%; 4.5M Weekdays, 383.5M Total)

Apr 22: 9M (-44%; 2.5M Weekdays, 395M Total)

Apr 29: 4.3M (-48%; 1M Weekdays, 400.3M Total)

May 6: 1.7M (-60%; 400k Weekdays, 402.4M Total)

I think it's going to be O/U 400M.

170M OW

Opening week: 20M

Apr 1: 15M (5M weekdays)

Apr 8: 3M

Out of theaters by Jungle Book. Final total O/U 220M.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Kraken said:

Why are people acting as if a critic disliking this is so extraordinary? The movie is somewhat entertaining but did you not notice the plot/editing?

The editing felt like a comic book to me which is why it didn't bother me.

Edited by Heat Vision

30 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Some people earlier In the thread said Civil War will outgross AOU. Why would this happen? lol 

Just be patient for a few more weeks and you'll see how civil war will do . It will crush bvs at the very least .

3 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

I do feel there are much more DC fans here than Marvel fans so maybe this weekend has been tougher for more of the forum.

DC lost the moral highground of quality films over marvel after MOS.

Now its dead... 

Simple as that and people cant accept that.

3 minutes ago, Kraken said:

Why are people acting as if a critic disliking this is so extraordinary? The movie is somewhat entertaining but did you not notice the plot/editing?

No they aren't noticing. That's the point. THATS WHAT THIS WHOLE WEEKEND THREAD HAS BEEN ABOUT, ALL 294 PAGES. Fans ignore any issues with a movie. ANY ISSUES. People refuse to believe that their favourite brand may not always churn out perfect product.

There's some lesson to be learned from this thread. I just don't know what it is yet.

• Like 4

Just now, Thrylos 7 said:

Just be patient for a few more weeks and you'll see how civil war will do . It will crush bvs at the very least .

Wrong thread.  This is the thread for that kind of talk:

However... I would urge Marvel fans to temper their comments.  This weekend should be an example to all how personal expectations can be trumped, crushed, stomped by the general audiences.

• Like 4

For other movies:

Zootopia: This is crossing 300M, my 75/310 will be accurate or really damn close to it.

Big Fat Greek Wedding: Hard to say how the legs will be on this one. The lack of competition next week helps, but The Boss will eat into some audience. It'll finish with 45-60M.

Allegiant: I doubt it even does 3M in weekdays this week :lol: There's 15M max left and might not even reach 70M.

Cloverfield: There's probably about 8M left in the tank. Next weekend will most likely be under 3M.

Miracles: God's Not Dead will cause this to have a mid to high 40's drop next weekend. Should cross 50M at least, so good for Sony.

3 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

DC lost the moral highground of quality films over marvel after MOS.

Now its dead... 

Simple as that and people cant accept that.

Moral high ground over each other about freaking film franchises? What even the hell is 'moral high ground' If that exists, it's just sad.

• Like 8