CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

2 minutes ago, White as Snow said:

Hello guys.

Sorry if my question is stupid. I've read here on this board some time ago that JL may actually be delayed if BO numbers will be bad. So, I take it 400+ millions WW for OW is good number. Does it mean that JL will not be delayed, even after poor response by critics to BvS? Or is it yet to be seen? Thanks :D

I don't think it will be delayed...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

QualiAN films? QUEST FOR PEACE and BATMA N+ROBIN crushed that before the MCU was even a glimmer in Feige's eye. 

Most of the Potters are horrible as well.:mellow:  If were just talking strictly about WB films.

• Like 1

This thread is so hard to read. Great numbers all around. Did I call over 200 yup but that's what makes this site we get to guess and sometimes it doesn't always pan out. Honestly for me the fact that it opened this big is great. But the doom and gloomers remain waiting for their time to pounce. Until then they will repeat the same things they have been saying for the past 200+ pages. 

• Like 2

The CGI on Spider-Man at the beginning when he's swinging with the pizzas is terrible but I love this movie. It's so cheesetastic. The closet gag, he stole that guys pizzas, the gag later about the suit being tight in the elevator. This movie is the most Raimi in the series and it is glorious.

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Jack, you don't like ASM2 anymore? How come?

I like it. But it's admittedly a bad film. People can like bad films, I imagine if Green Lantern or Batman & Robin have been released this weekend, a lot of people here on the boards would be defending with as much vigor as BvS or me with TASM2

back in the days. It turns out that I've learned that just because someone don't like a film that I do, they don't need to be trolling. I can like films that people hate, and I can understand why they underperform based on their buzz, even though I can like it. Not a high concept, I guess.

Yes, it's true. You guys found out our hidden secret. Shawn and WB and I are a secret cabal and we decide which films the mods are allowed to root for and which ones they can't. I send a PM giving all the mods their marching orders and make sure they praise the films we want them to, and trash the ones we don't. 

I thought we were clever enough to keep it all hidden, but you guys were too smart and you figured it out. 

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

...IJack wall of text...

IJack... you are not 100% wrong but there is no double standard and you are a little be hypocritical.

Yes... there are DC fans that are quick to blame everyone but the movie itself for not living up to their expectations.

However... there are plenty of non-DC fans that have been happy to point out over and over and over the issues with this movie and how it's been received.

That's trolling also.

This is the BvS main thread.

I think at this point the fans of the movie and DCMU have a right to talk about the movie's positives without hearing hourly about it's negatives.

We got the numbers thread to talk about BvS's BO.

We got the spoiler/review threads to talk about both the positive and negative issues of the movie.

We got the BvS vs CW and the Marvel vs DC threads to argue to our hearts delight the pros/cons of marvel and dc movies.

Lets get the talk happening in the right threads and this forum will be a much happier place.

• Like 2