CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

BvS sold 107000 tickets on his OW here. 

Comparisons for OW:

Deadpool - 112000 tickets;

Avengers - 107000 tickets (5 day OW);

Age of Ultron - 101000 tickets (5 day OW);

The Dark Knight Rises - 110000 tickets.

Man of Steel sold in total here 110000 tickets.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, nilephelan said:

As expected, this was overestimated by $3m-$4m for the weekend.  Actuals should be closer to $167m or so.  

Seems not a big deal but could make a 5 to 10 million dollar difference in gross total. 

4 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

As expected, this was overestimated by $3m-$4m for the weekend.  Actuals should be closer to $167m or so.  

Curious to see the daily numbers. You said Saturday morning that the $82m Friday number was $2m too high. If that's the case then it did well on Saturday/Sunday to reach $167m. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Potter's Midnights are again the difference. Now let's hope it stays above $70-75 next weekend!

18 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Seems not a big deal but could make a 5 to 10 million dollar difference in gross total. 

Possibly larger actually.  Also, it makes Potter 7 WB's top opener again instead of BvS

57 minutes ago, Napoleon said:
1 hour ago, Goffe said:

36 minutes ago, Goffe said:

You would be pissed too if you were of those characters. 

I mean, they got SR, GL, MOS, BvS in a span of 10 years. :lol: (EDIT: and Catwoman lol)

It must suck to be one of them.

No it doesn't, the same way Harry Potter books and movies satisfy you, I assume.

Some people love Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman as they were depicted by God Snyder, just like there's people who love childish and lame stories about witches.

You never know what type of trash people are entertained with.

and that reminds me again I have you on ignore.

But, why does Tapatalk ignores the ignore feature? WHY?

I'm in dispair.

Edited by Goffe

30 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Ty very much 

• Like 3

I was doing some math and excluding China, the top 11 markets for BVS were 58% of the OS OW, and if BVS plays like Furious 7 in each of these markets it will end up with $344M from them. Assuming the other 42% perform the same way that's another $249M. With $400M from US and $100M from China we get $1,093B. That's the best case scenario as we expect BVS to be more frontloaded than F7, so $1B may be tough. I got the OWs for F7 on Deadline final international box office articles and the total from BOM Foreign tab, I don't know how accurate these numbers are though, because the OW numbers are different from what Deadline reported.