CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

10 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Japan willing, Zootopia just might wind up bigger WW than BvS. :rock:

Wouldn't it have to be a humongous smash hit? Hell, I didn't think Zootopia would pass Big Hero 6 in China, but can lightning really strike twice?

Oh, damn. It looks like nearly all of the difference that Zootopia made between estimate and actual was on Sunday:

http://www.the-numbers.com/box-office-chart/daily/2016/03/27

Were these people disaffected Batman fans? Unsatisfied Greek Wedding attendees? I dunno.

Hell, next Sunday might even be an increase on yesterday, mainly because it won't be Easter.

Edited by cannastop

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

F7 added 205m to it's ow tally of 147m for a total of 353m.

If BvS adds 205m more it will get 370m. Comparing cause Sunday grosses are identical.

I think that would be a failure for Warner Bros. How can you start a franchise with a movie that only made that much money with its budget?

1 hour ago, Hatebox said:

You can always rely on Vice to do a contrarian think-piece:

"Batman v Superman' Is Actually a Good Depiction of the American Muslim Experience" http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/batman-v-superman-is-actually-a-good-depiction-of-the-american-muslim-experience

I think we need a complete and total shutdown of that guy's posting until we figure out whats going on.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I think that would be a failure for Warner Bros. How can you start a franchise with a movie that only made that much money with its budget?

It reportedly cost less than the Hobbit films so WB should be fine with it though they probably had higher hopes (as they did for the Hobbit movies)

• Like 2